Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/28/2005 8:52:27 PM EDT
Well, like it says, I'm looking for either complete rifles or a conversion.  Accepting AK mags would be nice, but not a requirement for me.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 9:40:04 PM EDT
[#1]
ive been wanting one of these for years.

google is your friend: http://www.specialinterestarms.com/
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 9:51:35 PM EDT
[#2]
An Enfield that takes AK mags?
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 2:25:10 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Yeah, something that takes AK mags that even more reliable than an AK. What's not to like?

Fastest bolt action there is, coupled with a cheap medium round and easy mag-changes?

That's fucking cool, right there.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 2:31:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 2:51:04 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Indeed.  .303 Brit is expensive, rare, and rough to shoot a few hundred of a day.

I can't think of a better use for a bubba "tanker" or a jungle carbine wannabe than conversion to something light and handy.  The travesty is long over in that case.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 3:40:40 AM EDT
[#6]
These are ALL NEW PARTS...no cutdown surplus guns, or such. All new Lithgow receivers!

not mine
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 3:45:20 AM EDT
[#7]
What do these converted rifles go for $$ ??
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 3:50:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Ok, how much does it cost? If it's reasonable then it would be a good gun to have. If it's more that a SAR why bother?
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 3:59:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Approx $500.00  
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 7:43:16 AM EDT
[#10]
They single stack or double ?

The .308 would make nice military style snipers . Any idea how much they go for?    
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 7:52:12 AM EDT
[#11]
I'd prefer the older cocking piece, but the addition of teak stocks and a chrome bore more than make up for it

I was also worried about the lineage of the parts, but I trust the aussies did it right.  

As for cost.. Well, if we start bringing fiscal responsibility into the picture there isn't much point to most of the guns we buy.  I'd get one because I love the Enfield action.  It's a pleasure to shoot.  

ETA- the only thing that would make that more attractive is a stripper guide on top for SKS clips.. As it is, I'll be calling the distributor this weekend.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top