Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/28/2005 6:47:59 AM EDT
I've got a Browning A-Bolt II in 30-06 and I going to re-scope it.  I'm currently using a BSA 3-12x50 sitting in Leupold high rings and Leupold 2 piece bases.  I'm going to go with either a 3-9x40 Nikon Buckmark or a Bushnell elite 3200 3-9x40.  My question is, can somebody reccomend a good set of bases and rings?  1 or 2 piece base?  Also, which height rings do I need?  MJD
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 6:55:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Low cost, but excellent pieces:

Ken Farrell Base -- 1 piece.

TPS HRT Rings.

You'll have a rigid and durable mount.  Something you'll never have to worry about.

Get the steel parts in each and never look back.

I prefer one piece bases because it reduces the chances of independent movement of the parts.  Assuming the mount goes on you know the receiver is close to square, which means the rings will be closer to aligned, which means the tube isn't stressed, which means you'll have less chance of shifting zeroes, broken optics, etc.......

HTH...
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 10:12:22 AM EDT
[#2]
I would use the same bases, for a 3-9x40 scope I would go with medium rings.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top