Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/26/2005 3:43:55 PM EDT
so i saw a used one at a local pawn shop--thought it was a G-3 clone.....and i picked it up and it seemed like a G3 clone

the mag well was pretty used, but overall condition was very good

they were asking for $879

what do yall think of this price and the gun itself?

thanks

Link Posted: 9/26/2005 5:02:08 PM EDT
[#1]
.   If this isthe steel rcvr one and not the aluminium with integral top rail it is a decent deal.   Greek make on HK machinery.  These are the same as a German HK but at a much lower price.  The magwell finish can be oversprayed with Brownells Guncoat and you probably could not tell it has been redone.  The price is not bad.  If it is well used I would see if I could knock it down some.   Good luck.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 4:37:50 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
.   If this isthe steel rcvr one and not the aluminium with integral top rail it is a decent deal.   Greek make on HK machinery.  These are the same as a German HK but at a much lower price.  The magwell finish can be oversprayed with Brownells Guncoat and you probably could not tell it has been redone.  The price is not bad.  If it is well used I would see if I could knock it down some.   Good luck.

i think it was aluminum w/ the intergral top railing on the reciever....are these made to less that quality specs as the steal recievered ones?

Link Posted: 9/27/2005 5:44:03 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

i think it was aluminum w/ the intergral top railing on the reciever....are these made to less that quality specs as the steal recievered ones?

much lower quality, unfortunately...

however they have a lifetime warranty thru Springfield...

but Springfield won't repair them from what I have heard...

but they do offer a huge credit towards the purchase of one of their current rifles so it may all work out if you end up having problems with it!
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 5:00:38 AM EDT
[#4]
The aluminum rcvr works fine it just is not worth anywhere near as much.  For that price I would go get another clone like a PTR or look around for one with the steel rcvr.   I you want the one at the pawn shop  I would not pay anymore than $600 OTD. Good Luck.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top