Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/26/2005 4:51:16 AM EDT
Hello,

Does anyone have one already? Report & pics would be highly appreciated!!!
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 5:44:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Not due to be released until the first quarter of '06'
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 6:32:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Any pics of the actual civilian version?
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:04:00 AM EDT
[#3]
99% probability it'll look like this, minus the C-more sight.

Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:32:53 AM EDT
[#4]
I wonder why they chose that color.  It would look much better gray or black.  JMO.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:42:33 AM EDT
[#5]
What is that optic thingy I see on the army version pics? Can it be purchased for the civilian version as well? [not the C-more] lol
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 8:30:53 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
What is that optic thingy I see on the army version pics? Can it be purchased for the civilian version as well? [not the C-more] lol

1.6x optical sight, should be avilable as an accessory.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 6:26:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Impact guns that is taking preorders on the FS2000 says if you have waited until now to put in your order it will be 3rd/4th quarter 2006 before you get one and the price is just short of 1,800.00(the list started last december) that really neet scope you talk of is over a thousand dollars..and the one with the built in laser range finder/trajectory compensator is over 3000.00 ouch!
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:50:09 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I dunno about that. It's basically a targeting computer and it's worth around $2k I think. I don't know if FN would offer it, figuring poor sales on such an expensive piece of kit. They might though. I'd go with something else, though.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 3:58:13 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I dunno about that. It's basically a targeting computer and it's worth around $2k I think. I don't know if FN would offer it, figuring poor sales on such an expensive piece of kit. They might though. I'd go with something else, though.

There are two optical sights,  the standard 1.6X low-magnification combat scope (shown on top), and FN's proprietary computerized fire control module with laser rangefinder, that calculates the point of aim and sets the sight reticle for both the rifle and 40mm grenade launcher (shown below)

Link Posted: 9/27/2005 8:23:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 11:47:56 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
We had a bunch on order.  We were recently told by a rep at FN that we should not hold our breath.  What looked like Winter deliveries are now on permanent hold.  Apparently, some Middle Eastern country bought the whole production run.

This country bought the US-made civilian FS2000?

-DmL
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 1:54:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 6:20:23 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
We had a bunch on order.  We were recently told by a rep at FN that we should not hold our breath.  What looked like Winter deliveries are now on permanent hold.  Apparently, some Middle Eastern country bought the whole production run.

The military production of F-2000's has nothing to do with the FS-2000 program.  FNH is still shooting for a Dec. 05 launch.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:12:01 AM EDT
[#14]
What about the civilian Scar thats the one im really interested in!
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:43:38 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The military production of F-2000's has nothing to do with the FS-2000 program.  FNH is still shooting for a Dec. 05 launch.

Woo Hoo!

oh, crap, now I need $$$
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 8:19:07 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

-DmL

No they bought so many full-auto units that FN is delaying production of the rifles for us.

How is that?  I was under the impression that the civilian model would be made in the US, and the select fire version would be manufactured in Belgium.  So if there are two facilities producing what are two different products (even if they look similar) how can demand at one affect the other?
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 12:37:32 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
What about the civilian Scar thats the one im really interested in!

Seconded.

But I still want to see how accurate the FS2000 is. I mean, I've got 3 AR variants, and 2 AK variants right now. $1800 for yet another 5.56mm is a bit much.

Now a modern ergonomics ruggedized .308 as in a SCAR-H...that's somthing to hold out for.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 3:31:29 PM EDT
[#18]
I'll take one of everything.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 10:53:01 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

-DmL

No they bought so many full-auto units that FN is delaying production of the rifles for us.

How is that?  I was under the impression that the civilian model would be made in the US, and the select fire version would be manufactured in Belgium.  So if there are two facilities producing what are two different products (even if they look similar) how can demand at one affect the other?

Just speculating but perhaps the internals aren't that different and all they'd need to do is drop in a happy switch in the civilian version and away they go.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 6:55:59 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

-DmL

Just speculating but perhaps the internals aren't that different and all they'd need to do is drop in a happy switch in the civilian version and away they go.

I suspect the internal are mostly identical, however, that doesn’t change the fact that the civilian rifles are being manufactured in the US for legal reasons - otherwise they would be banned from import.  The only thing I could see is that they are manufacturing full auto rifles in the US and then exporting them to the middle east, however, that seems unlikely.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 4:09:23 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

-DmL

The internals are quite different because the ATF requires that it cannot be made into a machine gun.  It will be a US made firearm.  

I suspect the internal are mostly identical, however, that doesn’t change the fact that the civilian rifles are being manufactured in the US for legal reasons - otherwise they would be banned from import.  The only thing I could see is that they are manufacturing full auto rifles in the US and then exporting them to the middle east, however, that seems unlikely.

Link Posted: 9/29/2005 4:10:42 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

-DmL

The internals are quite different because the ATF requires that it cannot be made into a machine gun.  It will be a US made firearm.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top