Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/20/2005 11:27:49 PM EDT
  Are there any reputible manufacturers producing a quality MP5 clone ?
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 11:33:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Ohio Rapid Fire
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 6:58:46 AM EDT
[#2]
I am 99.9% sure ORF does not build and MP5 clones right now.  They have been working on a MP5 receiver for over a year now.

Right now your only, off the shelf option, is Bobcat for 9mm and in the near future Vector Arms for 40/357/10 MP5's.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 1:36:02 PM EDT
[#3]
  Thanks for the tips , How is the quality on the Bobcats ? I'm just looking for a cheap to feed range gun .
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 2:52:02 PM EDT
[#4]
The reviews seemed to be mixed, but for the most part I feel Bobcat makes a pretty good gun.  Lets be honest, most comments related to anything usually are negitive?

I have always felt the Bobcat is a 95% German MP5 at 1/3 the price.

Get one, I think you will enjoy it.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:51:46 PM EDT
[#5]
  Thanks for the tips , This should be an interesting addition to the collection.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 12:48:19 AM EDT
[#6]
I own a Bobcat BW89PDW, and I can honestly say the gun is a very well made RELIABLE functioning weapon. I have used original HK magazines in it with success along with aftermarket magazines and have had ZERO feeding problems. The Bobcat is a very high quality clone for sure, but it ain't what I'd call cheap. Less expensive than a SP89 But...expensive just the same.

But:

It also comes with a LIFETIME guarantee.

It comes stock with a paddle mag release (something other companies charge for)

Has some of the best quality welds I have seen on MP5/MP5K's including HK's.

They are worth the money.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top