Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/20/2005 6:28:55 PM EDT
Man, I've been seriously looking at one of those Vector Arms RPD's. Just looking at one makes me giddy.

The only problem is, that after shooting many types of machine guns, I'm afraid I'd be disapointed with a semi belt fed.

But at the same time, it is a one of a kind piece (more or less, since they are the only manufacturers of RPD's I know of). Not often you can own a piece of modern warfare like that. And probably not too long before they will dry up (what with the barrel ban and all).

Anyway, wondered if many people had shot any semi belt feds. Fun?
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 9:47:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 10:34:29 PM EDT
[#2]
A couple of months ago one of the guys showed up with one at our local Practical Rifle match. I will have to admit the interest meter was pegged, that thing was cool. Although he brought it as a novelty, it didn't perform all that bad.....except for the tactical mag change......or lack thereof
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 2:01:38 PM EDT
[#3]
I built a semi 1919 a couple of years ago.   It is a better conversation piece than anything else.   The RPD obviously isn't as much of a PITA to haul around, so you may find yourself shooting it more than I did my 1919 (has sat for over a year, only took it out twice after building it) but you'll get 95% of the functionality in a mag fed semi in a much sleeker package.   They ain't exactly cheap, either.   If you want something to shoot, I'd say pass.  If you're willing to pay that much for what may very well end up just a live display piece, then I suppose it is a consideration.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 2:15:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 5:45:40 PM EDT
[#5]
I keep looking to get one of these.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top