Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/20/2005 6:00:53 PM EDT
I'll be toting two of my collection to a local Saint Louis gun show this coming weekend and was wondering what their appropriate value would be... I say appropriate rather than approximate as I'd like to know what they would actually sell for rather than what they are "worth"... I've made the mistake of overpricing things a few times in the past and wondering why everyone was "lowballing" me so much only to discover later that I had my prices set way too high. So basically what I'd like to hear is: If you where selling these two what would you ask or if you where buying these two what is the most you'd pay?

Now I know by asking that I'll get the usual A DOLLAR! suspects but I'm sure some of you will help me out as you always do. Here are the two items:

First is a like new Vector Uzi carbine in 9mm. Parkerized with the original 25 round mag, manual and warranty (4 1/2 years left on it). This carbine has an IMI receiver and a lower with the double language safety (F and S in english and hebrew) and the blank non warning top cover. Also included are four more IMI 25 round magazines, one of those "L" shape mag connectors connecting two of the mags and a nice custom made Nylon fake suppressor barrel shroud I got off of here from HK DUDE. All of that in the original Vector box. Less than 100 rounds through the Uzi and I bought it brand new. For those wondering I'm selling because it is just too heavy for my tastes.

Second is a Sig Sauer P232, Blued in .380 with one 7 shot blued mag. I have it in a case but the case is not an original Sig case. I also have a brand new masterlock cable lock in there as well as the owner's manual. Pistol has 8, count em, 8 rounds through it and is in just like new condition. It ran flawlessly but the recoil was a tad sharp for my tastes and I have since bought a new CCW pistol to take it's place. The down side to this sale is that I don't have the 2nd mag or the original Sig case but it does have a plastic hard case and I have the remaining 92 rounds of Winnie white box .380 that I plan to throw in with the sale.

So... what do you think I can reasonably ask for these two pieces and expect to sell them? I know that there may not be anyone interested in buying these at the show but I'd at least like to not "overprice" myself out of a sale again but at the same time not give them away if you follow me.

Thanks in advance for everyone's input.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 5:52:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Anyone have any input? Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 6:40:21 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't know what prices are like where you are for those pieces of hardware but around here, Ohio,

the Uzi would likely bring about $500-$575 and the Sig would likely bring between $300-$350.

Ask for at least $75 more than what you want for each of them and you can usually get what you

want, sometimes more than you expected.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top