Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/20/2005 1:25:14 PM EDT
I saw one of these for about $1400, and really liked it. Seemed a little expensive though. It was made by an American company, all new parts, with equipment from Portugal. I have to say that the quality was much better than the other G3 clones I have seen, but I don't know it was worth that much of a premium.

Also, are there any "cheap" ones with the collapsing stock?

Thanks,
Rick
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 4:29:09 PM EDT
[#1]
You - or anyone else - could put an A4 stock on a Century G3 clone and have less than $600 in it all together.

I personlly would pay extra for the full stock.  If you want a compact 7.62x51 look at a FAL with a folding stock.

My century G3 is more accurate than any FAL I've shot against so far though.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 5:36:16 PM EDT
[#2]
It was most probably a JLD.

Take a look at Atlantic Firearms.

They are a sponser on Arfcom ,and give Arfcom members a discount.

Their off the shelf prices are WAY lower then $1400 for
a PTR-91KP  .

My orders from them usually get to my FFL within a few days.

BEWARE of CENTURY rifles.
You've been warned.
Don't take my word for it ,I'd look up a purchase that expensive.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 7:07:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Jensen Arms is a sponsor on here too I belive and are cheaper than Atlantic Firearms on their JLD's
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 11:15:32 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
You - or anyone else - could put an A4 stock on a Century G3 clone and have less than $600 in it all together.

I personlly would pay extra for the full stock.  If you want a compact 7.62x51 look at a FAL with a folding stock.

How difficult is that? I have heard that it is basically impossible without expensive tools, not user swappable like an AR stock?
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 11:17:28 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
It was most probably a JLD.

Take a look at Atlantic Firearms.

They are a sponser on Arfcom ,and give Arfcom members a discount.

Their off the shelf prices are WAY lower then $1400 for
a PTR-91KP  .

My orders from them usually get to my FFL within a few days.

BEWARE of CENTURY rifles.
You've been warned.
Don't take my word for it ,I'd look up a purchase that expensive.

'nuff said. After my nightmare with Oly Arms I know that one warning about a weapons company is enough for me.

It was a JLD, but I will look into Atlantic, thanks.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 11:18:22 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Jensen Arms is a sponsor on here too I belive and are cheaper than Atlantic Firearms on their JLD's

Even cheaper? hmmm......might need to get two.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 11:27:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Well thanks for your help guys. I like to support the local gunshops, but can't just be giving my money away.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 11:32:00 AM EDT
[#8]

Get a JLD made G3 clone.

Century Arms is a crap shoot.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 1:53:46 PM EDT
[#9]
I've got to add that I have had great luck with Century rifles.  I've had a FAL (Built on a Hesse receive even) and a G3 clone and both have been 100% reliable and more accurate than I am.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 2:59:13 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I've got to add that I have had great luck with Century rifles.  I've had a FAL (Built on a Hesse receive even) and a G3 clone and both have been 100% reliable and more accurate than I am.

Buy a lottery ticket, now!
The two Century CETMEs I had were absolute non-functional monstrousities.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 4:52:57 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I don't doubt that they make some rifles that work, they have to. The problem is that if they make even 1 in 100 that don't work and then don't fix the problem. This is the problem with Oly Arms - they may make 99 good rifles but 1 is a POS and their attitude is SFW. On a very expensive purchase that is a major problem.

If for every truck Ford made , 999 were perfect and very economical, but 1 was a complete loss and Ford told you to go F yourself would you buy one??? Hell no! It aint worth the chance.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 7:29:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Play it safe and get the JLD rifle, its hit or  miss w/ the century rifles, mine works 100% now, but the bolt gap is still out of spec and needs +4 rollers and maybe a newer locking piece
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 1:36:25 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How difficult is that? I have heard that it is basically impossible without expensive tools, not user swappable like an AR stock?

The stock is held on with the 2 pins in the rear of the receiver. Pop out pins, install stock assembly of choice. No tools required. But a standard stocked model and pick up a collapsable or folding stock later. The folders are more comfortable than the collapsable but if you shoot left handed the hinge hits ya in the nose (I found this out the hard way) so I went with the collapsable.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top