Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/16/2005 12:34:05 PM EDT
Quick question, well I guess two questions: I am not looking to break any laws I just want to make sure I do the right thing.

I am out of town on business and found a local gun show.  Could I legally purchace a gun at a gun show if I do not live in this state?  If I could, could I bring it back on the plane (I didn't take one)?  And yes I know about claiming it and all that, I am just wondering if I didn't take on could I bring one back.  I also know that I could have the dealer send it to my FFL at home.  I am just wondering about the two above questions.  Thanks

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 12:37:59 PM EDT
[#1]
You can buy a long gun from an FFL at the gun show and transport or ship it home. The transfer at the gun show will have to comply with the laws in your home state as well as the state in which you purchase the long gun (waiting periods, FOID, etc.)

You cannot purchase a handgun from anybody (FFL or private) in any state you do not reside in.

You cannot purchase any firearm directly from a private seller in any state you do not reside in.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top