Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/13/2005 3:25:58 PM EDT

I am very surprised some one has not come up with a folding or collapsing stock for the Beretta Storm rifles.
If the stock where American made, it would be prefectly legal.

Any thoughts?
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 5:29:28 PM EDT
[#1]
The storm's stock. pistol grip and trigger group are one single piece of plastic:
www.cx4storm.com/index.aspx?m=53&did=82
I'd think few people would want to engage in the extensive dremel work that a new stock would entail.  One could make and market a stand-alone folding stock lower, but that would probably be too expensive for the casual shooter as it would have to include fire control parts, magazine well and so on.
My personal pipe dream is HK making another go at the civillian market with a black, high-cap, folding stock version of the USC .
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 8:18:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Is the storm US made?  If not, it's need compliance parts like an AK.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:38:10 AM EDT
[#3]
The current Beretta Storm setup if close to the H&K USC rifle, where the trigger and stock are all one piece.  But the USC can accept a UMP trigger and folding stock(with a small added piece to allow the stock to mount) I would think the Storm could have a similar setup?

If someone could develop a new lower and folding/collapsing stock and keep the upgrade around $250-ish, I would think they would sell like hot cakes!

By the way, I am 99% sure the Storm is an imported rifle for "Sporting Purposes".
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 10:45:00 AM EDT
[#4]
I doubt a folding stock for the Storm is possible.

The fixed stock looks all one piece to me.

CRC
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 2:35:39 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
By the way, I am 99% sure the Storm is an imported rifle for "Sporting Purposes".

Yeah, but add a folding stock and I doubt that it is still considered sporting. Like mentioned above, you'd need U.S. compliance parts in order to add a flash suppressor or folding stock to it.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 3:19:40 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
The current Beretta Storm setup if close to the H&K USC rifle, where the trigger and stock are all one piece.  But the USC can accept a UMP trigger and folding stock(with a small added piece to allow the stock to mount) I would think the Storm could have a similar setup?

Apples to oranges.   The USC is a simply PC version of the UMP, both are built on the same platform.   The Storm was build from the ground up to be exactly as it is.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:41:51 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Apples to oranges.   The USC is a simply PC version of the UMP, both are built on the same platform.   The Storm was build from the ground up to be exactly as it is.

Thank you.  Also, would a folded Storm meet the ATF's requirment for OAL?
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 9:37:07 PM EDT
[#8]
OAL is with stock open.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 12:20:00 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I am very surprised some one has not come up with a folding or collapsing stock for the Beretta Storm rifles.
If the stock where American made, it would be prefectly legal.

Any thoughts?

I'm not surprised because it is impossible, because the action extends into the butt stock.

Barretta would have to redesign the weapon to make a folder version.

Link Posted: 9/15/2005 7:35:39 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, but add a folding stock and I doubt that it is still considered sporting. Like mentioned above, you'd need U.S. compliance parts in order to add a flash suppressor or folding stock to it.

An added USA made collapsible stock is perfectly legal to add to this gun.  Not to mention if you wanted to SBR one.

The real question is, how pratcial or expensive would it be.  Polymer parts are made relative cheap.

I feel there are enough of these guns in circulation and enough demand, where a new lower with folding/collasping stock would sell great.

Really what you could have is a $3000+ MP5 for the price of a $1000 Storm.  Think about it, I feel the idea is sound.  I know it is somewhat an apples and oranges comparision, but the idea is sound.

The Storm's are really neat guns, I think one of the downfalls is  the lack of Military feature options.

I feel most people have been skepticle in their responses, why?
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:34:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Because I'm in the legality boat, escpecially since I don't know the domestic content ( ie. less than 10 foreign parts).  Also, the system operation looks like it would preclud a folder, unless a new bolt carrier system was devised.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 11:58:19 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

An added USA made collapsible stock is perfectly legal to add to this gun.  Not to mention if you wanted to SBR one.

The real question is, how pratcial or expensive would it be.  Polymer parts are made relative cheap.

I feel there are enough of these guns in circulation and enough demand, where a new lower with folding/collasping stock would sell great.
Really what you could have is a $3000+ MP5 for the price of a $1000 Storm.  Think about it, I feel the idea is sound.  I know it is somewhat an apples and oranges comparision, but the idea is sound.

The Storm's are really neat guns, I think one of the downfalls is  the lack of Military feature options.

I feel most people have been skepticle in their responses, why?

_________________________________________________________________________________

People are negative because what you suggest is impossible.

This is not an AR-15, the term "lower" does not apply.

Have you actually read the responses?

Not Possible.

Impossible.

Cant be done.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 2:09:08 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
An added USA made collapsible stock is perfectly legal to add to this gun.

Chances are that you'd need to add more than one US-made part, as you cannot have more than 10 imported parts on a non-sporting firearm. For example, an AK-47 needs 5 US-made parts to be 922(r) compliant (6 if it has a muzzlebrake.)

Not to mention if you wanted to SBR one.

There's your only legal loophole, as NFA items are exempt from 922(r).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top