Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/11/2005 10:50:22 AM EDT
Is it Worth it to get a mauser rifle at your local sporting goods or department store?.... What should i look for?.... Would it be a sufficient rifle at low cost? hinking.gif
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 11:54:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Not sure what you're looking for.

If you just want a good bolt-action rifle to shoot, a Mauser is about as good as it gets.

The Military Mauser is the finest bolt rifle ever made for strength, dependability, and quality.
Except for those rifles made in the last-ditch days of WWII, Mauser's were always good quality.

As with all used guns, condition is EVERYTHING.
If you want a Mauser, find one in the best possible condition.

Another factor is caliber.  Some military ammo is hard to find, and expensive, so take that into consideration.

Currently, a popular Mauser is the Yugoslavian Model 48 that was recently imported.
These can be found in NEW, unfired condition, (at higher prices).

One source of excellent condition Mauser's is Mitchell's Mauser's:
www.mitchellsales.com/

Most local FFL Dealers will be willing to order one for you for a set fee.

Link Posted: 9/11/2005 2:58:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I picked up a NEW M48, still in the grease for $149. I've only got about 100 rounds through it but it's a great rifle. A friend picked up a Mitchell, which is prettier and came in a fancy box but it's still the same rifle. There's a huge debate over whether the Mitchell's are worth the money. You'll have to make up your own mind. Mine is pretty enough for me and shoots great.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top