Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/8/2005 4:41:49 PM EDT
My buddy aquired this rifle and was looking for additional information about it.. such as how old it may be or how much it was worth.  IIRC it's marked "Ithaca hammerless".  Thanks

Link Posted: 9/8/2005 5:30:54 PM EDT
[#1]
You'll probably have to get some professional help on this one.

The Ithaca Hammerless was made in a wide variety of versions, grades, and action types.
It was produced from 1888 to 1948.

Price depends on the grade, style of receiver, type of checkering, grade of wood, type of triggers and ejectors, and MANY other factors.

Prices run from a low of $150 in poor condition for a standard gun, to as high as $50,000 for something like the rare John Phillip Sousa grade.

There are just too many versions and grades to be much more specific.

Your buddies gun looks to be a more standard grade, but in really nice condition.
Collectors are after good examples, so get some definite pricing from someone honest before selling it.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:41:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Doesn't look like it has Damascus barrels but the pic isn't real close & clear on the barrels.

I'd hazard a guess & say in the $600-800 range. But I agree with the suggestion an apprasial is in order.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:15:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys.  He looked online and said that Ithaca closed two months ago
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top