Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/8/2005 12:22:03 PM EDT
Just looked hard at a Rem 700 30.06 with weaver mounts and a 3x9 Bushnell scope, decent plus used condition, $300 out the door. Good? Its still there.

rk
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:42:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Not bad, IMO. The 30-06 cal is a slow seller as everyone wants a short action these days. You certainly won't get hurt at $300 but I'd check the bore & the muzzle as well.

My .02
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 6:44:20 AM EDT
[#2]
it's probably good.  What is it?- ADL, BDL, Old BDL with the shiny stock and all machined parts,  Old ADL with nice stock?  A new ALD is going to to 300+.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 11:57:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks, its appears to be a newer gun but has not had best of care. Just put in a closet and not used, couple of scratches on the stock but not typical of hunting wear. I'm thinking about adding a high power bolt gun with scope to my accumlation, I use a 30-30 for deer hunting but this one also might have a dual long range defense use and hunting. Wasn't the Rem 700 used as sniper in Vietnam? I have a 14x Springfield 1st gen cbt scope on my FAL, wonder how that would work on the Rem 700. I reload so I might could have some fun with it. Please explain the abreviations, I'm not familiar wth them. Will go by and check out gun later.

rk
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:17:11 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Wasn't the Rem 700 used as sniper in Vietnam?
rk

The Rem 700 is the base action for both the M24 & M40 sniper rifles.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 5:57:33 AM EDT
[#5]
If the outward apperance of the action and barrel look decent, the locking lugs/bolt have very little wear and the barrel looks ok, I would buy it
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 10:40:45 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Please explain the abreviations, I'm not familiar wth them.

rk

ADL used to be the cheaper model, presently not listed in Remington catalog.

The BDL is the higher grade, presently listed at $743 retail in Remington catalog.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top