Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2005 11:06:43 AM EDT
cheap scope but the rifle looks modified and VERY taken care of.  I've been wanting a scoped bolt action for a while, anyone know anything about these rifles?

specs:  
7x57 (7mm) Chilean Mauser, carbine-length
Berlin manufacture - written in Spanish!
Star of David stamp on receiver
decent bore, very nice finish, many chromed parts
no way the stock is original judging by it's great condition
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:06:47 PM EDT
[#1]
7X57 is a really good caliber, but was usually used in South America. Are you sure it' sEgyptian. Some pics would help.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 7:37:53 PM EDT
[#2]

sorry, no pics.  Looks like it has been bastardized soem, but that's why it looked so great.  (obviously refinished stock, sling swivels, etc.)
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 12:22:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't beleive they ever used 7mm, 8mm yes.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 12:35:42 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I don't beleive they ever used 7mm, 8mm yes.

you are correct, updated with correct specs after further investigation

I meant, you are correct that it is not Egyptian, as those are 8mm and the Chileans are 7mm.  Sorry for the confusion.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 1:40:08 PM EDT
[#5]
DWM/Ludwig Lowe/ect.  never made a piece of junk. 8mm is cheap at the moment. The Chileans never fought two major wars. They weren't worn out. Chilean Mausers are like grade A condums in a 75 year old man's nightstand. High quality, lots of history, excellent intentions, but rarely used. Offer $75, have cash, make sure its 8mm, 7x57 is not cheap.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 1:43:50 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
DWM/Ludwig Lowe/ect.  never made a piece of junk. 8mm is cheap at the moment. The Chileans never fought two major wars. They weren't worn out. Chilean Mausers are like grade A condums in a 75 year old man's nightstand. High quality, lots of history, excellent intentions, but rarely used. Offer $75, have cash, make sure its 8mm, 7x57 is not cheap.

Actually, it is 7mm.  I made a very confusing reply, my apologies.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:00:39 AM EDT
[#7]
I would get it if it is 7x57. cut two or so threads off rechamber for 7mm 08 if you don,t get it let me know where it is located,been looking for one cheap in Alabama for awhile. Beattle what part of Bama are you located? I,m in Montgomery.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top