Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/29/2005 10:01:47 AM EDT
i have a remington 700 adl in .300 winchester.  It is the standard synthetic black stock, with no current upgrades.

I use this gun soley for hunting, with no other real purposes other then hunting.
I will be hunting mid october again and  would like to improve it a little if possible.

It shoots OK with factory loads(1.5-2" groups@100yards), and I have not gotten into reloading yet for it, so I must use the factory rounds.  

I want to keep it light, and still really practical.  Are there any relatively cheap upgrades out there I can do for this in time?  I already have a nice mkIV leupold and rings on it, so that is done.

Any ideas?  And yes, I've tried all the various different types of ammo for it.

thanks
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 7:08:00 PM EDT
[#1]
so far no one knows....  
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 10:47:03 PM EDT
[#2]
There's lots of upgrades available for the ADL's.

Heck you can even convert it to a BDL configuration or mag fed (but I'm not sure about in that caliber).

Maybe a trigger upgrade?

Sorry, I'm beat tonight.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:07:28 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd say whatever you want. If it is used solely for hunting, you really don't need any more accuracy that what it's giving. 2 MOA will kill anything you're likely to be using a .300 on as far as most of us should be shooting at it. More accuracy is always nice, but not necessary. If the trigger is still stock, might do (or have done) a good trigger job to get the best from it. If you're wanting a floorplate or detachable mag probably makes more sense to swap rifles to one that has that in the first place.

Maybe the best upgrade would be a shitload of ammo to get ready for the upcoming season?
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:24:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 11:17:40 AM EDT
[#5]
about 150 maybe
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 11:45:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:10:06 PM EDT
[#7]
I would adjust the trigger if it wasn't the stamped version.  If it was the stamped version I would replace the trigger and adjust.  I would change the stock too.  That tupperware don't impress me much.  A McMillan, or HS precision would be top of the line.  If you can't or don't want to spring for that much you can use a Hogue or a Bell and Carlson.  I would leave it as an ADL and use a Steel triggerguard or I would update it to the BDL configuration and use Steel bottom metal.  I see no need to update it to the BDL configuration if you are going to use a Remington pot metal floorplate and triggerguard.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top