Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/26/2005 5:06:44 PM EDT
I decided I couldn't really screw up my Cetme anymore than the monkeys at Century so I tried to match the parkerizing on the stock, forearm, and flash hider with the Aluma-Hyde.   Here are the results:

I'm not too sure how durable it will be but I degreased with Castrol's Super Clean and sanded....a little.   I waited a week and a half before putting it back together(it is very dry here, and it's been around 95 in my garage most of the time).  It's been almost three weeks, so I wiped it with oil to match the parkerizing closer.  I did this on a magazine first to see if over time it would ruin the finish, but it still seemed pretty durable on the mag......so....

Oh, it took less than a can to do the gun in about 4 or 5 light coats and three magazines.  I would probably do this again on another firearm.  The color matches pretty good, and it even feels like parkerizing.  You can see that the parkerizing on the flash supressor, stock, and forearm, are slightly darker than the Aluma-Hyde.  I do like how it turned out.  It looks much better to me than the black paint that Century put on the rifle.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 3:02:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks great! Aluma Hyde is good stuff. I've done a bunch of stuff with it and its held up well on everything. Sounds like you did all your prep right, so I dont think you'll have any problems. Its usually when you dont prep it right or let it sit the week or so that you have troubles. If you follow the directions, its tough stuff.

I'm comfortable enough to have done this with it:
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 7:26:31 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I'm comfortable enough to have done this with it:]

That looks fantastic!  Is that "black"?
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 2:51:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Yup, matte black. Now that I see what the park looks like, I now have a couple more projects.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 11:44:18 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Yup, matte black. Now that I see what the park looks like, I now have a couple more projects.

I think I may be ordering the matte black in the future.  It would look very good touching up an AR or reduing an entire upper.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top