Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2005 5:04:57 PM EDT
Im looking at getting a thompson semi auto (SBR) and wondering if anyone can comment on how good of quality and firearm they are. Im looking at getting the M1SB http://www.tommygun.com/ao_m1sb.html and I cant wait , I've always wanted a Thompson.

Thanks

-Matt

Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:42:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I've heard mixed reviews. I would opt for the older (10 years?) models made by someone other than Kahr who now owns Auto Ordnance.

My .o2
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:50:43 AM EDT
[#2]
 I keep hearing completely mixed reviews about pre and post Khar guns.....I wouldn't mind one myself but I just don't want another "project" gun.  I am closing on my last two and I, personally, don't want to risk it.

There are a few guys with Semi Thompsons on this site...hopefully they can chip in some good info for you!!!

Good luck and if you get one we expect a FULL write up!!!!  
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 3:56:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a Khar M1 thompson and have had no problems with it . Fit and finish is very good. Would love to SBR mine if I didn't live in WA.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 4:14:57 PM EDT
[#4]
My Auto-Ordinance sucked.  I've heard Kahr has improved the QC but don't know first hand.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 9:47:28 AM EDT
[#5]
I've got a couple hundred rounds through mine and I love it.  Full mag dumps up against a UMP with optics and it will run toe to toe at CQB distances.

One little downside...on the rear sight the front two screws must have worked themselves loose as they are now missing.  I'll throw a little Loctite on the new ones when they are installed.  Other than that it's been a champ.

Link Posted: 8/26/2005 5:00:58 PM EDT
[#6]
NICE!!!!!!!!!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top