Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/19/2005 6:05:13 AM EDT
I need to send a .22 rifle to somone out of state. What are the ins and outs of shipping these things. I know it obviously has to go to an FFL in that state, but other than that I dont really know. Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 9:11:15 AM EDT
[#1]
There should not be any hassle.

Of course that's not accounting for any problems you might have with the local shippers.<G>

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:
I need to send a .22 rifle to somone out of state. What are the ins and outs of shipping these things. I know it obviously has to go to an FFL in that state, but other than that I dont really know. Thanks guys.

Link Posted: 8/19/2005 10:20:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Just don't ship any ammo with it.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 2:23:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I've mailed all the firearms I've sold to the buyer's FFL via the post office. Package it up really well, don't include any ammo (as mentioned above), and don't indicate on the outside of the box what the contents are. In fact, if possible, don't address it to anything resembling a gun shop's name, as someone may figure out what is in the package and swipe it.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 8:53:44 AM EDT
[#4]
In a box.  

Seriously, for a rifle, you can use the Post Office, or FedEx.  The rifle MUST be shipped to an FFL.  I'd photocopy the FFL's license to bring with just in case they give you shit.  My local PO refused to take a rifle because their postmaster was a dimwit who thought they weren't supposed to take ANY firearm. (Pistols can only be shipped via PO FROM an FFL TO an FFL, rifles can be shipped from private owner TO an FFL or gunsmith)

FedEx just had me fill something out saying that it was going to an FFL.  They didn't give me any guff about it.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top