Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/17/2005 7:13:17 PM EDT
Okay, so last Thursday I'm off work and run down to one of the local Gunshops. I'd seen a nice CZ-52 there the week before.

So I ask the younger guy at the store if I could see the pistol. This is where he pisses me off.

First he checks the chamber, you know, for any live rounds in it.

Then he tells me I can't dry fire it, the firing pin on the 52s will break if Dry Fired.

Then he tells me Wal-Mart don't carry the ammo for the thing, since this is a Mil/Surplus, but they have plenty.

Then I say "I'll pick it up Saturday." He says "Ok I'll set it in back for ya."

So Saturday I pick it up, He had the paperwork all laid out for me to fill out.

Then he gives me a good deal on the ammo, 1/2 marked price.

But what really pissed me off, as I left out the door he said "Don't forget, we still have some Yugo SKSs to sell you, I'll set a couple aside for you"

Damn, see how he tricked me into a couple of Yugos.

Brent

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 9:29:18 AM EDT
[#1]

God, I hate friendly, knowledgeable gunshop employees.

I spend so much money at the good shops where I am treated right, instead of perusing the internet and having everything shipped to me.

Those guys are probably doing lines of coke off of hooker's asses with all the profits I've given them in the past few years.

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 9:36:03 AM EDT
[#2]
LOL those unholy gunpushers! Get ya hooked on the things and then dangle them in front of you with a grin on their face....its simply terrible, (on the checking account).
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 10:00:04 AM EDT
[#3]
That rat bastard....you should hav drawn down
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 10:21:38 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
That rat bastard....you should hav drawn down

Exactly! You don't have to put up with that crap! Just say NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!  
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 5:36:59 PM EDT
[#5]
As gun owners, we really shouldn't have to put up with crap like that.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 2:08:15 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
God, I hate friendly, knowledgeable gunshop employees.

I spend so much money at the good shops where I am treated right, instead of perusing the internet and having everything shipped to me.

I know what you're saying.  Just when I think I'm heading out the door, they pull me back in with their helpful, friendly attitude.  There's just no way to fight against that.

I also admit that there's another shop in town with some decent selection and prices, but the manager is such an arrogant guy I can't stand to go inside.  It's like his attitude is a replusion field of some sort.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 2:20:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Shit, you got it lucky.

My FFL calls me at home, to let me know a guy just traded in a NIB AR180B, that he sold him a week ago, unfired. Tells me if I buy it, he'll throw in a whole mess of mags and ammo....all for $550.

What nerve!!! Calling me at home!!!!!!

<took me 2 minutes to get to his house>
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:31:34 AM EDT
[#8]
you guys are lucky. i have yet to find a decent shop anywere around here. only a few over priced shops full of pricks. i would love to be able to dump all my money were everyone knows your name, could be like cheers, i can dream right?
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 12:11:15 PM EDT
[#9]
A friend of a friend was getting out of the dealer business. So he was selling what was left of his stash at "Going out of business" prices. Damn him if he didn't mention that he had a NIB Yugo M-90 (post-ban M-70) .308 AK.

Bastard made me spend money!

Then he sells me tons of .308, .40 S&W ammo at half price!
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 2:55:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Man these guys are no help.  It is hard to keep money in your walet with these kind of dealers.

Max
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 5:40:51 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Man these guys are no help.  It is hard to keep money in your walet with these kind of dealers.

Max

And this isn't my normal FFL, he's off in the reserves, he makes me pay his cost + tax when I buy from him.  Damn overpriced shop like that'll rip you off!!

But this other guy helps out with our local FNRA group, doing all the transfers free, so I shop his place abit, nice older guy owns it.  The worst place to buy from around here is Wal-Mart, but that's another story.

Brent
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:52:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Wait, there are gun stores where the owners/sales people are nice, know what they are talking about and are willing to help out?

Yet to experince that my self. In my mind, gunstores are worse then friggen car lots. Guy never knows crap about what he is selling, is always lieing and trying to rip you off.

Example: One shop-keep was telling me that a Uzi pre-ban can be legally made into a F/A Uzi, all you have to do is pay the tax stamp.

Another gun shop won't let you touch thier pistols.. period. They even have a sign. You get it when your background check cleans along with you check.

Also the thing that pisses me off the most.. Gunstores, Gunsales and anything in the gun industry that puts a 3% increase on CC charges. Jesus, I know CC companies take their cunk from everyone, but I don't carry around $900 cash EVER, you'r lucky if I have $15 cash. I just always use my debit card, direct from checking, no fees, its all good. I deposit my pay direct to checking, pay my bills direct, so why can' t I buy a gun direct..

End result I get to wait 3 days for my checks to clean.

Screw them, Dunhams is da-bomb, shame they don't sell handguns.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top