Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/13/2005 9:08:17 PM EDT
Just got my new FFL update from the U.S. Department of Justice.  Up until now an FFL needed a signed in ink copy of an FFL before a dealer-to-dealer sale or trade could be made.

Effective now a faxed legible copy is all that is needed.  It is the responsibility of the FFL holder to make sure his faxed copy is legible.  He is also encouraged to check the status of the FFL on the government website, FFLeZ check.

This new ruling should speed thing up for some transactions.

Taken from my copy of the update.

Link Posted: 8/13/2005 10:06:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I've had zero luck getting any of the FFL's around here to believe it.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 10:12:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I just got the newsletter today.

Your FFL might not have seen it yet. If you have a hard copy of the newsletter, bring it in and show him.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 9:43:27 AM EDT
[#3]
The only thing is you can't check a C&R FFL on the ATF website to see if it's legit. Unless they've changed the rules.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top