Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/13/2005 3:31:53 PM EDT
I was going to go ahead and get a C+R license. I went to look up the licensing information and It looks like the wording for a type 1 ffl may have changed. IIRC it used to require that you had a place of business. Now it reads

"Has premises for conducting business or collecting"

Is this the way it has always been, or may I be able to get a type 1 FFL at my "Home Office"
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 3:35:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 3:56:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Local zoning is what stops most people who want a FFL at their home.

Most residential areas don't allow business zoning and the BATF looks at that.

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:
I was going to go ahead and get a C+R license. I went to look up the licensing information and It looks like the wording for a type 1 ffl may have changed. IIRC it used to require that you had a place of business. Now it reads

"Has premises for conducting business or collecting"

Is this the way it has always been, or may I be able to get a type 1 FFL at my "Home Office"

Link Posted: 8/13/2005 3:57:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 12:24:21 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Yep, but internet business licenses bypass most zoning requirements.hr

let us know how it turns out I may get one as well.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 6:18:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Ditto keep us posted. Been thinking about starting a dotcom home "corporation" to make it easier to get class3 stuff and an FFL
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:46:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:50:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 10:49:41 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Ditto keep us posted. Been thinking about starting a dotcom home "corporation" to make it easier to get class3 stuff and an FFL

ATF will require that you keep some business hours.

But that only has to be 1 hr a week. Right? (thats the way it used to be)
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 11:17:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 11:21:15 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah whats defined as Business hours by them? As far as the class3 stuff have no desire for a machine gun but will be paying you a visit for suppressors
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 11:45:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 12:02:58 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah whats defined as Business hours by them? As far as the class3 stuff have no desire for a machine gun but will be paying you a visit for suppressors

Some hours (may be as few as 1, I don't know) during the weekdays between 9am and 5pm.  These are the hours compliance agents work.  A 01 FFL has to have hours.  A 07 FFL can be by appointment only.

I know on the application you can pick any day you want sun-sat for your one hour and put by appt only on the rest so the agents can inspect you when they need to.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 1:15:23 PM EDT
[#13]
an FFl 07 might work better for me going to have to go read up on it now
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 1:17:11 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Is there a site to read up on these?
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 2:47:51 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is there a site to read up on these?

Not that I can find yet heThe only 2 classes of FFl's I could find info on is Dealer and R&C nothing on manufaturing yet.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top