Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2005 2:37:25 PM EDT
I'm looking to purchase a compact 22LR pistol and was almost sold on the Colt 22.  I remember looking at that one at the gunshop and that it felt perfect.  They seem pleantiful in the market and will hold value due to the Colt emblam...  

I also remember looking at the compact Smith & Wesson 2213.  It remember it was very slim and small.  SW refers to this as a camping gun.  I don't camp, but I will be teaching my 10yr old to start shooting pistols soon, and it's size may help the process.  

HELP!  Are either of these pistols a piece of crap?  They both appear to be priced the same, but I have noted that market does not have many 2213's for sale.  Please post comments to forum!
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 3:00:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Why not a Browning Buckmark, if I may ask? They will be a much better balance for your son, IMO. They also offer a skinny barrel version that will be lighter for him as well.

If you're hellbent on either the Colt or S&W, I'd vote for the Colt due to the value holding better thru the years, IMO.

My .o2
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 6:48:57 PM EDT
[#2]
i had a colt 22 for about 10 years( just traded it this summer.  great/ accurate/reliable.  only thing that sucks about it is that the mag catch design sucks for carrying in a holster in the field.  minor bumps to the side and the mag pops out.  i bought mine to carry for small game hunting, but when that happened it was just a plinking/ range gun from them on.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 6:29:35 AM EDT
[#3]
I would go with the S&W.  It is not the most accurate in that size but it is a great gun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top