Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2005 2:10:40 PM EDT
anybody own one? will it knock me off the bench? i shoot 8mm mausers and 308 also an 06. i like the kick of the 8mm with steel plate.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 5:40:29 PM EDT
[#1]
A buddy of mine has a 30 in .338 Lapua I load 250 gr. Sierra's at 3000 fps. for him. I would call the recoil mild compared to your 8mm, (I've fired both from a bench) the rifle is amazing 5 shot groups with all shots touching is common when we do our part. 100 yds. Only thing is that the muzzle brake will pound anything next to it pretty hard, don't fire it with anyone in the next several firing points if your at a range..
Smokem1
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 5:21:09 AM EDT
[#2]
The 338LM isnt that bad with a brake. The 300SMK is a little brutal but manageable. You will only get about 40 rounds thru a range session an then the gun becomes a little annoying.

Rich

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top