Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2005 4:17:20 PM EDT
I want a Ruger Mark II without all of the new safeties, so I have been on the lookout for a like new used.  I found one with the long heavy tapered target barrel for $175.  Is this a good price?  I can get a new with all the safeties for $279 at Academy Sports.  I really don't like the longer barrel, so if I buy this one, I will be looking for advice for a 5 3/8 blued heavy barrel.  Thanks for the replies.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 8:50:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 4:53:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes the Mark II cal .22 pistol. I Have a soft spot for the old ones. Does any one have a say on the price? It has target sights and about 500 rds down the tube. It is a one owner.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 6:11:03 PM EDT
[#3]
$175 is about average price, I'd say. Neither you nor the seller gets screwed, nothing wrong with that, IMO.

However, for about $50 more, you could get a NIB Browning Buckmark if you shop a bit. I'd take the Browning over the Ruger any day of the week, IMO.

My .o2
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 7:49:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks, they have one of those(Buck mark blue 5") at academy for about 270.00 new but I know nothing about them. Ill look into it. Thanks for the info.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top