Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/4/2005 5:44:54 AM EDT
Could someone give me some insight on one of Stoeger's M2000 that is like a Benelli M1/M2?

A friend of mine wants to buy one.

Scott
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 7:18:12 AM EDT
[#1]
I recall an article on them in the Rifleman or Shooting Times, one or the other.  It sounds like they're a heck of a deal.  It's esentially the only licensed use of the Benelli action that's out there, but at about half the cost.  I'm not a Benelli guy but have a family member who hunts more than any person has a right to and uses a SBE.  The thing is so heavily used it doesn't have much finish left anymore but it has never failed him.  The only thing that looks a bit funny to me about the Stoeger is the stock, the drop seem excessive.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 10:23:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Stoeger got bought up by Bennelli.  Its now a subsidiary of said.  No wonder it uses a benelli action.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 12:49:03 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Stoeger got bought up by Bennelli.  Its now a subsidiary of said.  No wonder it uses a benelli action.

It's a little more involved than that, but long story short, Stoeger and Benelli are both owned by Beretta
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 2:03:30 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's a little more involved than that, but long story short, Stoeger and Benelli are both owned by Beretta

+1
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:48:29 AM EDT
[#5]
anyone else
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 3:55:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Try this link:

http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewforum.php?f=98&sid=0b6057ddd107856cecc1221c58d0a0cb

Dedicated thread for Stoeger shotguns
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:46:31 PM EDT
[#7]
After reading that forum it seems to me there is a finish problem with the M2000.

What does Stoeger use to finish the receiver?  Is it anodized at all?

Does anyone know if the bore is chrome lined.

Scott
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:33:56 PM EDT
[#8]
My next shotgun with be a Stoeger 2000.  I have asked around an all the gun shops have said they don't come back ever for mechanical repair and some of the early ones had some finish issues which are taken care of by Stoeger at no charge (very good customer service).

Buy one and you won't be disapointed!
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 11:32:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Finally got my dad into shooting and he decided to get a Stoeger 2000.  As far as I can see, there isn't any finishing problems.  No, the wood isn't as nice as some of my Beretta O/U and no, it doesn't say made in Italy, and no, he doesn't get a f*** either.  GREAT shotgun for the price.  I think it was ~$400 at Dicks.  Anybody else have any questions?  
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 6:59:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Today, I was talking to a Benelli representative and he was saying that the M2000 have less warrantee claims than any other Stoger/Franchi/Benelli products. He said, "They just don't break, they are tuff as nails".

Jerad
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 11:36:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Is there any type of  "tactical" model?  I did some Googling and could not find what I was looking for.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top