BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2005 8:06:32 PM EDT
Links, please.
Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:32:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Marlin used to have their own forum, but they shut it down for reasons that were never explained.

If I remember correctly, it happened soon after the 9-11 attacks.  I think a lot of anti-muslim remarks were made and the site forum was closed as a big CYA to protect Marlin from liability.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:48:34 AM EDT
[#2]
The Marlin and H&R/NEF forums were both closed down.  I used to visit the H&R forum quite a bit.  It was closed because of liability, but didn't have anything to do with Muslims (that I know of).  Some asshat was posting descriptions of how he tested his NEF to near failure by loading higher and higher pressures.  Eventually the action was popping open when he fired it (fired it remotely).  There were other asshats recommending unsafe loads to people that were just getting into reloading.  There were also increasing numbers of trolls, including anti's and actual hunters who were just ethics-less and liked to stir the pot with their (sometimes illegal) stories.  All in all I think Marlin/H&R just got fed up with the BS and didn't want to assign someone to admin the board.  There was a Yahoo group for the handi-rifle.
It's a shame really because there were some good people on the H&R board.
J
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 12:37:39 PM EDT
[#3]
www.marlinowners.com/board

http://shootersforum.com

There are a couple to try.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 5:40:28 PM EDT
[#4]
www.graybeardoutdoors.com/phpbb2/index.php

They have an excellent Marlin forum!
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:33:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Thank you, Gentlemen.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top