Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/30/2005 2:47:41 PM EDT
I just bought an armoryUSA SSR-85C-2 (Bulgarian AK) about a month ago. I've had this gun to the range 3 times and I've been having several problems with it:

1. The bolt stays in the open position when manually operating the action (pull the bolt back and it stays back). As everyone know, AK's do not have a bolt catch (Sagia's aside) and the rifle should not be doing this. Also, removing the bolt is difficult, and you have to mess with it to get the bolt out.

2. The stock continually becomes loose while shooting. I have tighetened the screws on the stock several times, and it still loosens up when shooting. Not a lot, but enough so that there is some noticible play in the stock.

3. There is a hairline crack in the stock. You have to look for it, but it is there.

Now, I will admit that the bolt has never held open while firing. Aside from not liking hollow points the gun functions fine while shooting. I've got about 1,000 rounds through it. For the most part, it's just like any other AK. What do you think, should I send it back to the manufacturer?

I'm kinda pissed about this. This thing was a $500 AK. My $350 SAR 1 functions like an AK's supposed to.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 10:33:17 AM EDT
[#1]
I learned with most AKs early on, if you rack the charging handle while holding the trigger, the bolt will lock open.

But with your other issues, I'd send the sucker back if you can, get it tuned up
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 10:37:13 AM EDT
[#2]
$500 is a lot of money to spend on a club. Get a real AK for that cash. You don't deserve a jam-o-matic.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 10:41:57 AM EDT
[#3]
I would send the thing back based on the hollowpoint feed issues(that is a feed ramp issue) and the crack in the stock.  

the bolt holding back when you manually cycle it is normal and will go away with use.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 10:52:20 AM EDT
[#4]
oh them, they tottaly screwed me over, I got a rifle from them, the Bbl was canted in the trunnion, I took it back they gave me another one, it too was canted, I took it back, they tried to give me another, at the place I took a look and showed them that it too was canted, so they built me a new one from the new thicker lower, well it wasnt heat treated right and at one of the Houston get together shoots the stupid ejector mushroomed after 6 mags, shot well, but fuck man, I got my money back, another here had his Bbl canted also, too many problems with them, and jimmy is an asshole
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 8:22:05 PM EDT
[#5]
1)  That's normal.
2)  Do the screws loosen up, or the stock itself?  Being wood, you can only tighten so much before you strip.
3)  Could have been cracked from factory, or from the UPS guy who whipped the box onto your  FFL's doorstep.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 9:53:00 PM EDT
[#6]
give it to me, and buy an ar 15.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top