Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/29/2005 1:38:41 PM EDT
1) S & W model 910 9mm pistol

2) Ruger model 22/45 .22 pistol

3) Remington model 597 .22 rifle

The 9mm is for SD, and the others for plinking. Thats all I could afford this "paycheck". Taking them out tomorrow to see how they perform. I bought the SW because I'd been wanting a hi-cap 9mm and this one was under $500. Bought the Ruger because I used to have a Mark-I years ago and it was a good gun. Bought the Remington, because I'm tired of 10/22s and wanted to try something different in a semi-auto.

So I got my gun-buying "fix" and feel better... at least for now.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 1:49:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice. That should keep you busy for a while.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 2:39:01 PM EDT
[#2]
One in each hand and one slung on the back....very Matrix/Lara Croft thing going there!

Congrats on the new purchases!
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 7:57:22 AM EDT
[#3]
thanks luger and dawg!

UPDATE: fired the guns last weekend

I put about 100 rounds through the S & W 9mm (FMJ and HP) with no malfunctions.

I put maybe 50 rounds through the Ruger .22 pistol - no malfunctions.

And on the Remington .22 rifle, had 2 misfeeds out of probably 300 rounds. Not bad for a new .22 rifle.

I think I like the Remington better than my old 10/22. The action is smoother and has better iron sights.

I also fired my Keltec P11 9mm pistol, which I bought at a gun show earlier. I put a few mags through it with no malfunctions, but did'nt like the trigger pull and the recoil seemed slightly harsh. I may be selling this one.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:43:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Just don't buy an axe and we are all cool!!!!  
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 2:50:07 PM EDT
[#5]
I had the same feeling on shooting the P11.  Also couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top