Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/22/2005 6:40:41 AM EDT
Headstamp says PCA 04 REM 223. Upper portion is plastic, lower is brass. I found it while at a shooting lane out in the country. The plastic is very soft, I can't imagine this being able to handle much of a load. ETA: The primer is pierced.

Link Posted: 5/22/2005 6:42:07 AM EDT
[#1]
It's PCA spectrum or whatever they are calling it. not bad if your shooting slow, but once you heat up the gun the case necks ahve a tendency to melt at least according to the reports posted on the board about it.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 7:03:26 AM EDT
[#2]
I had some of that, and had the case neck problem. The case neck would melt to the chamber and stay in there when the round was ejected. This resulted in high chamber pressures and blown out primers, eventually jamming my AR15.

I had my foray into neat plastic ammo and went back to the regular stuff.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 8:18:44 AM EDT
[#3]
I shot a couple hundred rounds of it and didnt have a problem with it.  still not worth the price over wolf.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top