Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/20/2005 5:52:34 PM EDT
I am still undecided on where to put a new safe at my house? Basement, 1st floor, 2nd floor, closets or spare bedrooms? I want it semi-hidden and the safe is no heavier than 400 lbs. I guess some issues would be easy access, give me your opinions. Thanks!

Link Posted: 5/20/2005 6:35:45 PM EDT
[#1]
basement, keep the box. Cut front or back out on box, place back over locker. Write somthing on it "clothes".  Done that on many of safes.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 12:03:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Damn, I would hate to move that thing up/down stairs

Good luck

Chris
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 2:05:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Mine is in a corner in my living room, bolted to a slab floor. Screw it, I aint hiding it. let em drool.....
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 8:31:43 PM EDT
[#4]
I just helped my brother move in a 510 lbs. safe....to their 2nd floor.  It was NOT fun.

Mine is in our computer room/office, also on the 2nd floor.  It's only a 330lbs. though, so wasn't as big a deal getting upstairs
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 7:30:44 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I just helped my brother move in a 510 lbs. safe....to their 2nd floor.  It was NOT fun.

Mine is in our computer room/office, also on the 2nd floor.  It's only a 330lbs. though, so wasn't as big a deal getting upstairs

any worries of a sagging floor with all that weight? that would be one of my concerns too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top