Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/16/2005 8:03:52 PM EDT
Anyone ever shoot clay pigeons/skeet with one of these scatterguns?
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 8:43:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I have used an original 1897 (minus the bayonet lug) to shoot clays once or twice. Its a heavy bastard, but shoots down everything that was in range of it.
Link Posted: 5/17/2005 9:59:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Heck yes , that was the first gun I ever shot at a Trap club ('77). It was ancient then and some guys looked at it a little funny . I shot it pretty good too .
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 7:15:50 PM EDT
[#3]

I'll let you know as I am taking mine
to the range this weekend.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=1&t=171078&page=21

I'm debating whether to leave the
bayonet on.
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 7:21:36 PM EDT
[#4]
can someone explain what "slamfire" means, does this shotgun slamfire??
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 7:42:56 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Yes. Hold down the trigger and work
the action.

Link Posted: 5/19/2005 2:51:55 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes. Hold down the trigger and work
the action.

And hold on..

Rocklock

I use a mossberg 500 to shoot trap at the local range, and get a dirty look every time.. Trap shooting around here is not about the sport, It's about how much you spent on you shotgun.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 2:55:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah, nothign liek using the "wrong" shotgun arpound shotgun snobs.......

I always liked a Winchester Defender, though the old riot shotguns were always funtoo

My goal is to get a shorty shotty with foldign stock and practice to the point I can dominate and embarrass someone with a $22,000 scattergun (there are a few of them in town, the owners are not using the worthily)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top