Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/16/2005 3:03:04 PM EDT
I bought a used AR 15, Bushmaster lower. I know it has a JARD trigger and apparently some after market hammer. This hammer has a set screw in the front just ahead of the cross pin that holds the hammer in the receiver. Yesterday the gun quit firing. When I looked into the lower unit I saw this set screw which had backed out far enough to make contact with the receiver and prevent the hammer from striking the firing pin. I don't know what make hammer this is or what the function of this set screw is or it's correct setting. The set screw had no lock tight on it to keep it where it was supposed to be. I contacted Bushmaster about it but they said their hammers have no set screw. Any info any body can give me would be appreciated, specifically, what make this hammer is and what the correct setting of this set screw is. I put some lock tight on it and screwed it all the way down then shot 10 rounds through the gun. All fired and everything seemed to function fine. I just want to be sure I'm not doing something wrong.
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 7:09:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know much about match triggers, but if you could post pics, I'm sure someone else could help.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 5/17/2005 2:00:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't have the capacity to post pictures but I did find out this hammer is part of the JARD trigger system. I've emailed them for more info on it.
Link Posted: 5/17/2005 3:25:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, good luck.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 8:50:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Overtravel adjustment
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 1:56:03 PM EDT
[#5]
The Jard trigger system does have an over travel adjustment but it's not at the front of the hammer. I found out from JARD the set screw in the front of the hammer " is to prevent the pin from walking " and " the setting is not critical ". One last comment, I have JARD triggers on this AR and one on a Ruger 77/17 and I like both. Whoever put this trigger in the AR just didn't locktite this hammer set screw. That has now been done.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top