Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/11/2005 6:54:21 PM EDT
ANy one that can give me any help with adjusting the trigger pull on a savage 111 --which you all know does not come with thte accu-trigger---any help is much appreciated
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 12:16:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Trigger pull is regulated by a spring that runs along the right side of the trigger. That spring is a tempered straight wire, not a coil. One end of the straight spring fits into a tiny screw with a hole down the center.  To reduce trigger pull, screw the screw in a quarter turn at a time and test trigger pull after each quarter turn. To increase trigger pull, screw it out. At the opposite end of the straight spring, you'll see a tiny trigger arm resting against the spring. It is critical that the spring apply tension against that tiny arm. If it doesn't, the rifle will fire when bumped. After you have adjusted the trigger pull, you need to test to make sure the rifle will not fire when bumped. I use a rubber mallet and whack the side of the receiver.

Below is a link to instructions and a diagram.
www.varminthunters.com/tech/savage110trigger.html
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 4:16:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I adjusted the trigger pull on my 10ml in accordance with some of the directions posted here already and it works well.  I think that if you want more than this out of it you may want to check brownells and look at the rifle basix trigger.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 11:15:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 2:27:47 AM EDT
[#5]
i fiddled with mine a bit.

got it breaking nicely, but very rarely, will fail to cock the hammer when i work the bolt.

doesn't seem to be a safety issue, so i haven't bothered to fix it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top