Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/13/2005 12:20:09 PM EDT

I have a chance to buy a Sig 220 that looks brand new for $500.  It is a "Factory Refurb" according to the shop owner.  Anybody know exactly what this means?  He actually has two of them and they look like they are just out of the box.  He didn't know the history on them to know why htey went back to Sig.

He also had a used 220 for $520...which would you all feel safer buying?

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 1:01:14 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I have a chance to buy a Sig 220 that looks brand new for $500.  It is a "Factory Refurb" according to the shop owner.  Anybody know exactly what this means?  He actually has two of them and they look like they are just out of the box.  He didn't know the history on them to know why htey went back to Sig.

He also had a used 220 for $520...which would you all feel safer buying?

Thanks

Just a couple trips in and out of the holster will remove the blueing from a sig.  Grab the slide and see if it moves around on the grip frame much.  It is probably fairly tight, and shot very little if a LEO trade in.  Sig probably changed all the springs and ultrasonically cleaned them, along with a re-blue.  Great guns, you can't go wrong.  I had 3 220's at one time, one was a trade in.  Get one!!!  $500 may be a tad hi, considering CDNN's price.......

Also, look at the anodizing on the frame where the slide is.  If the gun is in good shape, ALL of the anodizing will be present, with no worn spots.  None of mine had ANY worn spots.

$20 is no big deal.  Get the tighter and cleaner looking one, just like a good date!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top