Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2005 5:26:54 PM EDT
I have one of the 9mm Chinese Broomhandles with the detachable ten round magazine.  I was thinking about buying a stock for it.  Any thoughts?  Any photographs?  
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:59:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Some of the replacement aftermarket wood holster buttstocks suck ass ! Since they aren't individually fitted they end up being real sloppy and loose when used as a buttstock.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 11:11:04 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I have one of the 9mm Chinese Broomhandles with the detachable ten round magazine.  I was thinking about buying a stock for it.  Any thoughts?  Any photographs?  

Also have the 9mm Chinese Broomhandle imported by IAR a few years ago. I looked into the wooden buttstock and ordered a repro from some company's ad in the Shotgun News. Forgot the name of the company. Anyway, it did not fit the slot on the back of the handgrip so I returned the stock. Apparently, the Broomhandle Mauser repro buttstocks out there only fit the German made pistol versions. I also want to have a buttstock for my 9mm Broomhandle. Anyone else know of a possible source for this elusive accessory ?  
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 3:25:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I had a WWI commercial production one in 30 Mauser that a friend wanted more then I did so it's now his. We are still trying to track down a stock for it. It is all matching numbers but had been reblued. I fired two rounds out of it and the rear sight flew off. We never could find the spring and he bought it from me before I got around to buying a replacement spring.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 5:25:39 PM EDT
[#4]
I've always wanted one.
Do all 9mm Broomhandles come with the
stocks with the big painted red "9"?
any pics?

Link Posted: 1/10/2005 5:38:07 PM EDT
[#5]
I had one until I blew it up shooting Wolf ammo.  
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 11:52:54 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I hope you are joking!

It would be sad to see one of those fine antiques being taken out by bad Russian ammo.
(Then again, it would be ironic.)
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 3:27:36 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I hope you are joking!

It would be sad to see one of those fine antiques being taken out by bad Russian ammo.
(Then again, it would be ironic.)

Unfortunately no, it happened. I was pissed!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 6:21:24 PM EDT
[#8]
The Broomhandles were very well made and made to fire a potant ammo.  There should be little to no problems firing most ammo currently on the market.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 2:05:58 PM EDT
[#9]
I have an old mid 30's mixmaster that cme out of china years ago. I think I paid 99.00 for it, a hell of a deal for a working broomhandle. Mine shoots 7.63 mauser though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top