Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/30/2004 4:12:08 PM EDT
Just got a Savage 93R17. Pretty nice rifle, but the trigger is lacking in my oppinon. Anyone know how to do a trigger job on one of these? Can anyone give me some tips? I put some oil on the piviot pins, trigger and bolt. But it didn't help a whole lot. I has a little bit of a gritty tough pull (5-6 lbs), but breaks clean. (I think those are the right terms.) I'd like to get it down to a clean 2lb trigger if possable. If anyone can help I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Sparsky
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 9:24:46 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Just got a Savage 93R17. Pretty nice rifle, but the trigger is lacking in my oppinon. Anyone know how to do a trigger job on one of these? Can anyone give me some tips? I put some oil on the piviot pins, trigger and bolt. But it didn't help a whole lot. I has a little bit of a gritty tough pull (5-6 lbs), but breaks clean. (I think those are the right terms.) I'd like to get it down to a clean 2lb trigger if possable. If anyone can help I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Sparsky

You can change the angle on the sear, but you had better know what you're doing. Other than that, lessening the spring by a coil or 2 and polishing all bearing surfaces will help out.

If that's not up your alley, then get a Rifle Basix trigger for it. Brownells and probably Midway sells them for the 93.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top