Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/27/2004 11:47:00 PM EDT
Were'nt the Israelis supposed to start importing the Tavor ( Israeli made 5.56 bullpup ) in civilian variants through Armalite or some other manufacturers????  Or is the Tavor like the Galil, expensive and ineffective???  If this possibility got killed I'd love to know?
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 12:56:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 4:36:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Tjat deal hit the circular file about 4 or 5 months after the SHOT show it was announced at. It was something about licenscing. DSA was going to try it, but that fell through too.
Hopefully DSA will get the domestic AUG rolling soon.

The Tavor was a nice handling rifle. I liked it.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 5:25:32 PM EDT
[#3]
IIRC IMI is on the banned importer list. So they would, as mentioned need another company to make and sell thier products. The deal fell threw, not a big loss, I hear the Tavar is medicore at best (just like the Galil). Its realy just a "oh we have our own gun" deal for the Israelis, envitbly they will use whatever next gerneration firearm the US produces.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 6:58:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Can't be any worse than the FAMAS?????  But I guess with your theory both rifles induction into service amount to prick waving??  Kind of like Kerry swinging around his substitue dick, a over-under shotgun!!!  Assclown!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 7:50:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Bullpups suck.  IMHO.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top