Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/24/2004 5:43:33 AM EDT
I need to restock on 30-06. The price is right on this ammo from Sportsmans guide. Is this the Korean ammo that is corrosive?

ammo
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:48:49 AM EDT
[#1]
I seriously doubt it, might want to call and ask them though.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:35:45 AM EDT
[#2]
PS head stamp ammo is not corrosive.  

But you can get the ammo for $70  for 400 with the can here
www.wideners.com/cart.asp?Action=Details&item=SMA3006K

Note: the 400 count carded boxes are PS head stamp, and the enblock clipped case ammo is KA head stamp (corrosive).
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:57:36 AM EDT
[#3]
I've heard that the Korean 70's vintage Ammo is midly corrosive. I've fired Austrian made 06 with a 56 headstamp that was, but if you clean it up good right away, it's no big deal. a good test is to pull the bullett and powder from 1 rd and fire it with the barrel about 6" away from a piece of clean sheet metal and watch it for a few days.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top