Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/23/2004 2:43:07 PM EDT
I just had my FFL jump on a 19" Saiga 12 with the variable choke system for me.  Looks like they're pretty straight forward to convert to AW status with a few key US-made AK parts.  Comes with 5-rnd mags but apparently 8-rounders are coming into the country (for a price! ).

Anyone else had a chance to play with one of these monsters yet?  Any conversion pics?
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 6:25:21 PM EDT
[#1]

Love mine!  The conversion was less straightforward than the rifles, but still quite doable. It's an absolute ball to shoot; puts my 11-87P to shame in the versatility and accuracy department.

Link Posted: 10/23/2004 8:03:39 PM EDT
[#2]
The conversion was pretty simple. Invest in a dremel if you dont have access to air die grinders.

Link Posted: 10/23/2004 11:01:40 PM EDT
[#3]
That is really really sweet.

Just out of couriosity why is the Sagia not conidered a DD while the US made USAS is?
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 11:15:26 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Just out of couriosity why is the Sagia not conidered a DD while the US made USAS is?

USAS-12 was specifically added to the list by Executive Order.  
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 11:24:00 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I'm not quite sure or recall... (though it's been discussed).  I know the street sweeper was classified a DD because of the revolving drum (I think)..... and the USAS...I thought because it had a 10 round or more mag available.....

Link Posted: 10/24/2004 4:37:08 AM EDT
[#6]

JohnnyMcEldoo, what kind of stock did you use for your conversion?  Is it US made?  Because my Saiga's going to have the choke system (a 'muzzle device') both my stock and pistol grip need to be US made.  I was going to go with a fixed, synthetic AK stock but a folder like yours looks much more appealing!  

Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:15:28 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
JohnnyMcEldoo, what kind of stock did you use for your conversion?  Is it US made?  Because my Saiga's going to have the choke system (a 'muzzle device') both my stock and pistol grip need to be US made.  I was going to go with a fixed, synthetic AK stock but a folder like yours looks much more appealing!  

Its made by ace. www.aceltdusa.com/ak.htm
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top