Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/23/2004 11:52:55 AM EDT
After recent events I am now considering a moderately compact carbine.  
1.  Uzi 9mm / colapsible stock, short or medium barrel  ( Vector $530+ )
2.  HK clone / MP5 clone , most compact, matches Uzi capacity, but minimum $1000+ that would be the most I've ever spent on a weapon and would take time to set aside funds.  Any UMP clones???
3.  Berretta storm / no better in size, lacks capacity ( 17 ) , not wild about Berretta most people I've known that had 92 models and others say their RANGE GUNS they would prefer something else in a situation or combat.

Sugestions, advice, info I'm lacking ( factual only please ), reccomendations, manufacturers to avoid???????

Any info appreciated
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 12:15:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Check out this thread:  www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=2&t=177709

Angst had a similiar problem.  If it were my money, I'd buy one of the Vector UZI's.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 8:06:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Ive handled a friends storm and was very impressed. Very well put together with room for aftermarket parts. It bumps pretty good too
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 8:49:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Beretta offers a 20-rd 93R mag for the Storm.  I'll look for the part number to order direct from Beretta.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 9:05:35 AM EDT
[#4]
You may consider this another vote for the Vector UZI.  Keep in mind that Vector doesn't manufacture receivers, so when these are gone - they're gone.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 8:55:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Is their any RELIABLE high capacity ( 25+ ) 9mm ( Uzi, Ingram, or like ) carbine that can be handled ONE-HAND that is small enough to leave easily hidden in the car in the $450 or less range that has at least MARGINAL ACCURACCY????????  

Spray and pray weapons are applicable I can get an Ingram clone in 9mm and .45 for around $220 (hoodtrash weapon) Masterpiece arms I beleive, crude implement at best.  The only other option that went through my head was to put a ported or comped barrel and a ultra high cap mag on my Glock 22 or CZ 75.  Also I have seen on several movies a standard 1911 with a mag that stuck out the bottom.  It looked like an AK drum or small Thompson mag on the bottom of the handle.  Any idea where I can get one and are they reliable?????  
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 9:50:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Anyone????  Anything????
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:26:57 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Is their any RELIABLE high capacity ( 25+ ) 9mm ( Uzi, Ingram, or like ) carbine that can be handled ONE-HAND that is small enough to leave easily hidden in the car in the $450 or less range that has at least MARGINAL ACCURACCY????????

huH?

Spending a little time "n da hood" are we?

A "one handed carbine"...

easily hidden in the car...

cheap and "marginally accurate"...

I don't think you're looking for anything that we can help you with.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:48:31 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

huH?

Spending a little time "n da hood" are we?

A "one handed carbine"...

easily hidden in the car...

cheap and "marginally accurate"...

I don't think you're looking for anything that we can help you with.

This screams Tec-9
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 12:55:02 PM EDT
[#9]
HiPoint!
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 6:59:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Uzi.  Reliable, accurate, and the most inexpensive with the best mags.

Mike
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top