Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/21/2004 10:31:23 PM EDT
Want to get a .44 mag lever gun. Anyone have any experience with either? Quality? Functioning differences? Planning on a long barrel, not a carbine.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 7:36:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Personally I'd go with the Marlin. Check out ]www.marlinowners.com/board/], they can answer just about any question you can come up with.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 8:26:00 AM EDT
[#2]
My friend had a Win 94 44Rem Mag, it won't feed SWC bullets, it only feed the FP types.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 8:32:06 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a Winchester Trapper in 44 Mag.  I have tried the Winchester white-box HPs and they work fine.  It is a very nice looking little gun and seems well-made.  It is very light, compact and handy.  It was $299 new.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 11:13:19 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a Winchester trapper in .44mag also--like it alot.  Check out www.leverguns.com and do a search--very frequent topic there.

BruceWayne
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 4:17:59 AM EDT
[#5]
the marlin action is designed around pistol length cartidges while the winchester is a modified 30-30 length action-the marlin is like ly to give better service. that said I have winnies that work fine as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top