Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/19/2004 5:45:10 AM EDT
Has anyone else gotten this response from FN?  On a whim I emailed them and asked if they were planning on making a semi-auto P90 for the American civilian market.  Here is their exact response from the FN American office's email address.

Sir,

FN is in the process of doing that.  However, we don't have any further info about that yet about the timeframe and the price.

Best regards.

Sounds interesting.  Does anyone else have any info on this, or has anyone else received a similar response?
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 12:20:37 PM EDT
[#1]
There is no interest here in a civilian P90?
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 12:23:40 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
There is no interest here in a civilian P90?

Nope. I'll stick with my 10/22 with 50 rnd mag. Same wound ballistics, lower price tag.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 12:29:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Last time I posted about a Civilian P90, the thread went to like three pages. Lots of interest.

But, people are kinda worn out about it, from all kinds of rumors that didn't pan out, so they aren't reading the threads.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 12:31:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, the last thread turned out to be photoshop bullshit.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 12:34:59 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Yeah, the last thread turned out to be photoshop bullshit.

Yes, but that one wasn't mine.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 12:45:09 PM EDT
[#6]
E-mail FN.  Like I said, I wrote them just for the hell of it, and they replied that it was in the works.   I wish they had specifics though.

NAM, I wouldnt want a P90 to use in my next mission to save the world, but from a collector's standpoint it would be a very nice piece to have as a representation of the newest trends in firearms technology.

I read that last thread about the photoshoped P90 also.  That was lame.      
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 1:11:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah, I've said everything I know or want to say in the previous two threads about this. I really want one but am taking a wait  and see attitude about it.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 1:25:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Interested...wait & see...Pretty much sums it up for me, also.

If they build it, we will come.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 6:52:14 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
NAM, I wouldnt want a P90 to use in my next mission to save the world, but from a collector's standpoint it would be a very nice piece to have as a representation of the newest trends in firearms technology.  

Quite true. But even for an occasional plinker... the asking price, plus the cost of the ammo, where found, jsut doesn't seem worth it. To me, at least
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 8:40:40 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm in for the .22LR model, if they will make one , easier on the wallet.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:14:07 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I'm in for the .22LR model, if they will make one , easier on the wallet.

or 9mm!
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 1:34:43 AM EDT
[#12]
I was thinking about the 9mm thing and based on the dimmensions of the magazine I don't think you could make the turn table work with a round much bigger then 5.7x28mm. I think maybe your best betwould be .17hmr some kind of short .223.

I personally like 5.7mm quite a bit, and I'm sure the price will go down once the P90 and Five seveN become more popular.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 5:03:50 AM EDT
[#13]
Maybe if they make a belt fed version.  like a Shrike-90
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 5:10:26 AM EDT
[#14]
It does not look like FN will be making a civie legal P90.

This was posted by an ARFCOM member a month ago:

I was at FN Herstal last week and I asked my colleagues specifically about rumors of a US civilian-legal variant of the P90... They had talked about it, but nothing was actually being worked on. To that point, I'm not sure where the referenced 200 guns would come from, because it wouldn't be from the FN factory here or in Belgium.

In regard to some of the other questions here, no there is no 9mm version and the barrel is under the legal 16" minimum (indeed, so is the entire weapon). Which means that to meet the length minimum the barrel would have to be lenghtened, in addition to the fire control group (bolt, trigger pack, etc) being redesigned. Not an impossible feat by any means, but one also not being done at FN at the moment. The good news is that the 50-round magazines are now legal, and you could most likely get a tax stamp to have the short (standard length) barrel, assuming there will ever be a civilian version.

More information as I get it, and please email if you have any questions.

Best Regards,

Clint Lynch
Senior Product Designer
FN Manufacturing, Inc.
[email protected]

My guess is that if they were in the process of designing a civie legal one, he'd at least know about it.  And at least until the election is decided, I'm sure FN isn't going to spend one dime on a weapon which would likely be banned real soon if kerry were to be elected.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top