Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/12/2004 5:17:09 PM EDT
What does anyone know/think of Uberti in general? Both handguns & rifles. I've heard they were the better of the mid-priced Italian models.

I've also been told to avoid Cimerron (sp?).
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 5:29:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Uberti makes MOST of the replicas of the black powder pistols, the Colt Single actions, and the various Henry and Winchester rifles. Their guns are sold under MANY different companies and brand names.

These days, quality is quite good, and of the foreign replicas, they're the best of all.

Of the sellers, Cimmarron's Uberti's usually have slightly better quality than most other sellers, so I don't know why someone would tell you to avoid them.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 6:55:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Uberti's line of SAA clones was bought by Beretta and renamed to become Beretta's Stampede line. Beretta has a name to protect, so they would not adopt any old junk as their new product line.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top