Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/11/2004 7:39:46 PM EDT
At a gunshow this weekend I was looking at a Colt Anaconda in 44 Mag. I've allways thought that the Anaconda was a good looking gun, but have never shot one.  Anyone have one or have any advice? I'm looking in to getting one of these around christmas possibly.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 8:27:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I fired one with a nice, full rubber grip... I found it surprisingly controllable...

High potential for hunting purposes, but I certainly wouldn't consider it a plinker

- BG
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 10:07:01 PM EDT
[#2]
I have one, 6inch ported. With the full lug it's a little heavy but adds to recoil control along with the ports. Recoil is not bad but not something I would want to shoot too often.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 2:19:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Nice six gun.  If you can get one for a reasonable price I would do it as they are getting harder to find.  I feel they are stronger than my S&W 629.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 4:56:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Usually very accurate. And of course, you can always shoot .44spl in it too.

What length barrel are you looking at?
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 7:28:30 PM EDT
[#5]
I think the one that I was looking at had a 4" barrell on it, but really any length that I can find at a good price would be allright.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 7:42:50 PM EDT
[#6]
I have one with  an 8in barrel ported. The fire really flies when shooting in the dark.  It's my pride and joy.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 3:35:05 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I think the one that I was looking at had a 4" barrell on it, but really any length that I can find at a good price would be allright.

To me, the 4" barrel is the better size. I've owned long barrels & they're accurate but don't balance too well, IMO. The long barrels would also be difficult for a house gun too, IMO.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 7:42:00 PM EDT
[#8]
I used to have a Colt Annaconda 8 inch bbl. with the high polished stainless steel finish. Definately looked like something Hawk would carry from Spencer for Hire. I sold it because I'm not much of a .44 fan.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 6:35:22 PM EDT
[#9]
FWIW, I saw only one Anaconda in .44mag at the funshow today. I didn't catch the price.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 10:33:30 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I fired one with a nice, full rubber grip... I found it surprisingly controllable...

High potential for hunting purposes, but I certainly wouldn't consider it a plinker

- BG

For plinking loads try 10 grains of Alliant Unique powder with a 240g. bullet. Enough to give a cheap thrill bit not enough to rattle your brains.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 3:07:50 PM EDT
[#11]
I've been looking for one with the 4" or 6" barrel...  what's the going price on these?  Anyone know where I can pick one up?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top