Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/11/2004 7:24:56 PM EDT
I like to have a rifle handy in the truck for coyotes etc. Just ordered a new F350 and I don't want to tear up the center console and seats from a rifle riding between them. My current truck has marks on the console and seat not to mention on the stocks.

First idea:
www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jhtml?id=0022032226059a
It looks like this would be good to keep a rifle handy without tearing up the center console or leather. Anyone used it? How fast can you get the rifle out?

The other option I am considering is an overhead bigsky rack.

Any other options?

Link Posted: 10/11/2004 8:26:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks like a poacher's wet dream..
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 8:29:29 PM EDT
[#2]
If I lived out where the buses don't run, so to speak, I don't see anything wrong with having one.

Not exactly a central CT grocery store run type of accessory tho

- BG
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 8:36:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I like the ones that go on the ceiling of the vehicle. my brother has one in his chevy pickup for going hunting. more convient than the normal back window rack and people in the back seat don't hit the back of their heads on the guns
NY isn't very friendly on the carrying a long gun around on a daily basis in your vehicle thing though, and loaded is definitely not legal. other wise I'd pick up a cheap sks or something and keep it in mine all the time.
his is a bit different from this but same concept
www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jhtml?id=0005330220670a&navAction=push&navCount=1&indexId=cat20121&podId=0005330&catalogCode=XE&parentId=cat20121&parentType=index&rid=&_DARGS=%2Fcabelas%2Fen%2Fcommon%2Fcatalog%2Fitem-link.jhtml.1_A&_DAV=&hasJS=true
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 9:26:17 PM EDT
[#4]
With certain restrictions you can carry a CONCEALED concealable weapon here in your car with no permit.  That's where it gets murky for me with the law.

Seems to forbid loaded car or truck rifles.

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:
I like to have a rifle handy in the truck for coyotes etc. Just ordered a new F350 and I don't want to tear up the center console and seats from a rifle riding between them. My current truck has marks on the console and seat not to mention on the stocks.

First idea:
www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jhtml?id=0022032226059a
It looks like this would be good to keep a rifle handy without tearing up the center console or leather. Anyone used it? How fast can you get the rifle out?

The other option I am considering is an overhead bigsky rack.

Any other options?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top