Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2004 2:58:38 AM EDT
Is there any way to get a hk like collapser in the mini14.  e.g. extending wires on either side/?
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 5:08:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:51:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a ram line  side folder for sale. only $45 it is black plastic, i dont think they make these any more.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 5:04:19 PM EDT
[#3]
You would think that with all of the Minis out there someone would make a kick ass stock for them.  The best folder you are going to find would be one of those stainless Ram Lines.

Link Posted: 10/11/2004 5:43:01 PM EDT
[#4]
seriously
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 6:08:06 PM EDT
[#5]
A lot of people like the Butler Creek folder.  I don't know if Choate has resumed production.  If so they make a nice stock also.

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:
You would think that with all of the Minis out there someone would make a kick ass stock for them.  The best folder you are going to find would be one of those stainless Ram Lines.

Link Posted: 10/11/2004 8:49:29 PM EDT
[#6]
I also concur, the Butler Creek stock is of hight quality.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 10:39:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Butler Creek and Choate had the best folders.

The problem with the Ruger folder, it is good steel bolted onto crappy wood.   Not rugged enough.  Sorry.

Ramline???  The wood/steel, same comments as above.  The plastic version?  Nope, not ruggedly made, sorry.

The mechanisms of the BC and Choate are basically similar, but the Choate is overmolded in the same Zytel which covers most of the metal.  Both lock up quite solidly with almost no wiggle.  You can use the butt end for a baseball bat.  

The Butler Creek and Choate are the only really serious folders for the Mini.

As stated about the wire M1 types... what cheek weld?  Terrible.  And this is similar to the Federal Ordnance under folder.  The most uncomfortable, hard to shoot stock I ever owned.

Link Posted: 10/12/2004 3:10:21 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a Choate folder for my Mini. It just isn't comforatable for me to shoot. Unless you need a folder for a very specific reason I would say pass on it. My folder sits in my "WTF was I thinking" box.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top