Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/2/2004 7:32:52 PM EDT
I'm not familuar with CZ rifles,,,can some one please tell me about there quality.  I know they are not Winchester or Remington.

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 8:41:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I`ve read a few reviews in American Rifleman.  Theyve generally gotten good reports.   Theyre out of the old Sovirt Bloc.  I believe Yugoslavia but I could be wrong.  The company has been making guns for a long time.  The labor costs there are low, the prices are generally 20-40% less than an American or European product.  
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 12:18:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Typically the quality of materials is excellent, design is usually very good...in many ways better than either WW or Rem...and fit / finish range from good to excellent. Some of the stock designs, etc. may not be quite what we are used to in the US, and the level of "refinement"... for lack of a better word...things like how smoothly the bolt operates, etc...may also be a bit less than the big names here, but all in all they are excellent rifles usually built on the classic (and still the best, I think) Mauser action, and an absolute bargain IMO.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 12:28:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 2:09:48 AM EDT
[#4]
 My experience with the CZ family has been very good.  Great design, good qualtiy and excellent performance.  Their designs, IMHO, are beautiful. Due to economics, the fit and finish ranges from good to very good...some are even excellent from time to time.  To keep prices reasonable, though, you won't find them beyond very good that often....that's just the way it goes.  When I get back into sporters I plan on collecting a large portion of the CZ/BRNO family of firearms....they are totally worth it, to me.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 8:08:05 AM EDT
[#5]
I think ikor did a pretty good job of assessing CZs - except I persoanlly think the Rem 700 is the best rifle action ever made(but that's a different subject)...

I currently own 3 CZs - a 452 American in .22LR, a 75B in 9mm, and a 40B in .40S&W... All three are well built, reliable, and accurate - although the 40B isn't quite on par with the other two... The 452 American and the 75B both display phenominal accurcy - much better than you'd typically get from firearms costing several times more... I have also shot a 452 Lux(tack driver), and a friend has a 527(?) in .223, and he reports outstanding accuracy/reliabilty...

Also, CZ customer service was nothing short of outstanding the one time I did have to contact them over the 40B - they really DO back their product...

In short: buy a CZ - you'll be glad you did...

- georgestrings
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 9:25:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Czeska Zbrojovka =  Czeck Weaponsfactory

They are out of the former Czechoslovakia.  Their pistols are excellent, so I'd surmise their rifles have got to be pretty good quality.  
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 11:41:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for all the information,,,,,was thinking of picking up a CZ rifle to ad to the collection.

Link Posted: 10/4/2004 10:12:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 3:15:39 PM EDT
[#9]
RS39 - Yeah, my 452 American will keep right up with rifles costing MANY times more - and will easily hold 1/2" groups at 50 yards with cheap ammo, and do better with the good stuff.. Awesome bang for the buck... BTW, did you get one of brookie's spring kits for your trigger??? If not, I'd HIGHLY recommend it - best $9 I ever spent: it allowed me to take any creep out of the trigger I had, and to set it at whatever pull weight I wanted... Brookie's at Rimfire Central...

As far as CZ centerfires, high up on my list is a 550 Safari Magnum in .375H&H Mag...

- georgestrings
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 6:36:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Check out the cz 550 varmit, its a .308 cal rifle with a heavy barrel,set trigger

great rifle forthe money very accurate
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 12:01:27 PM EDT
[#11]
I have a CZ 452 Varmint in .17hrm I love this rifle. I can shot 1" -1/2" groups with it at 100yds. Also their is about 1" differance between ballistic tips & Hollow points. I Also have CZ 500 Varmint Laminated in .308. I can shoot 1" groups with from a bench. I also like the set trigger on this rifle. The only problem I've had with this rifle is the screw moved so that I couldn't use the set trigger.

My brother has a CZ 527 American in .223 & CZ 550 American in .308. He is pleased with both of them and has had any problems. He just recently purchased a CZ 712 12ga. semi-auto shotgun. On CZ web site it states" Both the 26” and 28” barrel configurations accept up to 3” shot shells making the new shotgun a great choice for both upland game and waterfowl." From both my brother and I shooting it that it will not reset the firing pin shooting 2 3/4" target loads. It works fine 2 3/4" heavy feild loads.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top