Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/1/2004 7:59:37 PM EDT
I want to do a custom camo paint job on my remington 870, what do you guys use for paint? I will be using my paint brush so no spray cans please. What about polyurathane epoxy? I have been painting cars professionally for years and urathane epoxy is pretty much undestrucable. I just bought a remington 700 stainless steel and sythetic and I want to paint the stainless steel a nice matte black or satin black, what do all of you guys use? Should I strip off the factory remington finish on my 870? Is there a place where you can buy commo templates?

DJ
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 1:13:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Take a look in AR-15 "Build it yourself" section. There is a EXCELLANT article on a $50.00 camo paint job using Krylon paint. IT LOOKS AWESOME!!!! . Hope this helps. Take care.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 11:40:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Brownells sells an epoxy based paint called Alumna-Hyde.  tough as nails, though it takes at least a week to two weeks to cure.  I have used it on a couple of AR lowers and bolt actions with good results.

Chas
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top