Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/29/2004 11:20:04 AM EDT
In comparing the Tikka 695 to the Remington 700 ...
Is the Tikka comparable in accuracy to the Remington?

Im comparing cartridge performance also.... The 7mm Rem Mag is known for being very accurate, can the same be "expected" from the 338 Win Mag?

Reason I ask .... I am not getting the level of accuracy out of my new 338 Tikka I usually see from my Remingtons.  I was trying to find out if this is expected or should I dump this Tikka and get another Remington. Otherwise, I will keep continue load testing.

My perfectionist side may be getting the better of me concerning this also.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 7:11:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Interesting, over the years I have had numerous 338 Win Mags, all have been very accurate with a few extremely accurate. I have a blue and wood Mark11 Ruger which will easily go SMO with anything, including a 250 X bullet and it really shines with the 200 Gr. Ballistic Tip at upper end velocities. My most accurate 338 was a 700 Remington that had an insatiable appetite for extractors.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 10:32:01 PM EDT
[#2]
You might try 67.5 Grs. IMR 4350 with a 250 Gr. Sierra Game King OAL 3.340. I use this load when I start working with any 338 Win Mag, If it won't shoot this one pretty good it may not shoot. I never use this bullet in the field, for a 250 Gr. bullet it is pretty soft.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 5:33:21 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
You might try 67.5 Grs. IMR 4350 with a 250 Gr. Sierra Game King OAL 3.340. I use this load when I start working with any 338 Win Mag, If it won't shoot this one pretty good it may not shoot. I never use this bullet in the field, for a 250 Gr. bullet it is pretty soft.

Actually, the load that shoots best so far is very similar to that ....

69.0 grs RL19 w/ Sierra 250gr game king OAL 3.340

I will try the other powder also, I have some IMR4350 .... and maybe Hornady's version of the 250gr SP ...

Have you ever tried the Hornady 225gr SST?  They would not group under 3" @ 100yds ..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top