Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/24/2004 5:18:06 PM EDT
Here it is!!!

Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:25:19 PM EDT
[#1]
That F2000 is pretty impressive looking.

Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:47:14 PM EDT
[#2]

I think the P90 pic is a photoshop.  It doesn't look like the flashhider quite matches up with the barre.

Where did you get that pic?  I just checked the FN website, and didn't see it.

Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:53:25 PM EDT
[#3]
They are both from the FNH USA site.

Here ya go you lazy bum... Linky!!
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:54:52 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
They are both from the FNH USA site.

Here ya go you lazy bum... Linky!!

Yes, I saw those pics, but not the longbarreled one.

Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:56:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 6:00:22 PM EDT
[#6]
I think this is a photoshop the properties of that pic give us an oly arms enthusiast site.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 6:00:33 PM EDT
[#7]
OK, so where's that pic located on FN's website...I don't see it?
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 6:31:54 PM EDT
[#8]
B.S . A member here works at FN USA he said nothing of the kind was in the works

Quoted:
I was at FN Herstal last week and I asked my colleagues specifically about rumors of a US civilian-legal variant of the P90... They had talked about it, but nothing was actually being worked on. To that point, I'm not sure where the referenced 200 guns would come from, because it wouldn't be from the FN factory here or in Belgium.

In regard to some of the other questions here, no there is no 9mm version and the barrel is under the legal 16" minimum (indeed, so is the entire weapon). Which means that to meet the length minimum the barrel would have to be lenghtened, in addition to the fire control group (bolt, trigger pack, etc) being redesigned. Not an impossible feat by any means, but one also not being done at FN at the moment. The good news is that the 50-round magazines are now legal, and you could most likely get a tax stamp to have the short (standard length) barrel, assuming there will ever be a civilian version.

More information as I get it, and please email if you have any questions.

Best Regards,

Clint Lynch
Senior Product Designer
FN Manufacturing, Inc.
[email protected]
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 7:48:41 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Here it is!!!

www.oa2.org/forums/download.php?id=712

Why so small picture?
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 6:37:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Pinocchio was a small boy…I only hope that no ones nose is half as long as that barrel
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 6:51:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Dammit, quit teasing me!!!    I'd happily max out my credit card for the P90.  
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 8:38:01 AM EDT
[#12]
LIAR

I made that picture on MS Paint in 5 minutes as part of a thread here on AR15.com.  I used the "cut" funtion on Paint to move the factory flash hider, then made a barrel using the charging handle as a template, stretched it out, and "pasted" the flash hider to the front.  If you look closely the flash hider isn't even lined up right, but I didn't care as it was theoretical.

Here is the original picture, hosted on my photobucket.com account under the user name "MolonLabe".  

img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/MolonLabe/civP90.jpg

Here is my original post, on page 4 of the thread entitled "Pics of the FN P90 in action"
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=2&t=176451&page=4

P.S. FN will not make a semi-auto P90 because even with a 16 inch barrel the gun is too short to meet the overall length requirement of 26 inches, and they are not interested in modifying the gun heavily or changing the caliber to try to sell it commercially.  This from the FN rep at the September 18 MODCC shoot.

The image robertmegar linked to in his post is hosted on the shitty, pathetic "Olympic Arms Owners Association" internet forum.  Here is the link to it:

http://www.oa2.org/forums/download.php?id=712

robertmegar you are a lying sack of shit and I hope the mods ban your sorry ass for appropriating my image so you can spin a shit story about FN here.

You've also tried to do the same thing on THIS thread and you've already been caught.  Give it up and go back to your crappy Olyarms site.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=2&t=176964

Link Posted: 9/26/2004 9:40:35 AM EDT
[#13]
A civilian legal P90 would require at least a 16.7" barrel to maintain a 26+" OAL. Make one chambered in .30 Carbine (which, IIRC, is similar in dimension to 5.7x28, just with no case taper) and I'll be interested. A 26" OAL compact carbine with a 50 rd. magazine full of 85 gr. handloads at 2300 fps would make me smile. A 110 gr. SP @ 1900 fps would make a good home defense round, and the P90's integrated dot sight along with a weapon light could make for a good home defense carbine. However, I don't really like the ergonomics of the design.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 12:25:01 PM EDT
[#14]
This is one of the biggest let downs I've had since......... Shit
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 12:40:39 PM EDT
[#15]
That's not the same picture. How presumptious of you, DukeNukem (video game name.... ja, it figures).

Mods banning me... wow, are you that mad? Even if your story were true? Did you copyrighted it? I didn't think so, shut up!

In any case, this is a modified picture. Any one who knows noted it. JA! just having a little fun. But somebody here got angry as hell..... ja! thats the response thats make this post worthwhile. Sorry duke... or should I say dukenukem..... this is my picture, so I take whatever you said up there as a compliment to my work.... jajajajajaja LOL, and you thought you uncovered Roswell/area 51 secret. LOL

In any case this is how it would look, nice, right, I'll buy one if it ever came oout.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 12:50:42 PM EDT
[#16]
It is not your work. I SAW the thread in which he photoshopped it several weeks/days ago.

I advise you shut your mouth from here on out. You already have dug yourself a big enough hole as it is.

Any problems with that, and you and I can take it to the pit.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 12:57:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Thanks for the advise, tough guy!!!!!! I saw the thread too, good for you.

That is not his work, but even if it is I don't see why are you so aggressive about it. I guess I'll post the evidence to play your game (dukenukem=videogame... no pun intended LOL)
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 1:06:48 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

www.fnhusa.com/contents/guns_525px/fn_tw_f2000_std_r.gif

And due to the 'ejector tube', it's a jam-o-matic...
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 1:13:23 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.fnhusa.com/contents/guns_525px/fn_tw_f2000_std_r.gif

And due to the 'ejector tube', it's a jam-o-matic...

I doubt FN would've put it out if it was a jam-o-matic. Read this post from a different board:

According to Jane's, the FN F2000 came out on top in a recent intense reliability trial for an unspecified South East Asian country.

Others rifles included in the trial were H&K G36, SAR-21, M4, M16A2 and AK-107.

Although nationwide posting the pic of it was sort of off-topic.

Link Posted: 9/26/2004 1:19:13 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Thrilling.

Indeed!  I can't wait to NOT buy one!
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 1:21:26 PM EDT
[#21]
The original pic, larger in size, for dukenukem to feast his eyes:

Compared to this as posted by "MORON"LABE

You, be the judge. See that duke, see, did you see that? LOL You guys are going to bust an aneurysm LOL

PS: Why would I want to go to the pit
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 1:52:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Oh wow, gee, I guess you win after all, congratulations.

Hey everyone, look, the civilian P90 is out! robertmeager wins!  I'm taking pre-orders right now for a group buy.  robertmegar you can be the first to step up and send me some money for a pre-order.

Tomorrow I can photoshop a bridge in Brooklyn for sale, you can see my pic, photoshop another bridge in Brooklyn, and tell everyone else that the bridge is for sale.

What a boob.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 2:00:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 2:14:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 2:26:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Just say no to drugs.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 4:14:13 PM EDT
[#26]
Yup, looks like a photoshop job to me too.   Hope I'm wrong, but alas.....it's a rare occasion that I am....  
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 9:25:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Ahem...

I like pie.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 9:30:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Hate to be the bearer of bad news but that pic is photoshoped and it's taken from another thread.
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=2&t=176451

According to Shotgun News FN Herstal is infact developing a civvied P90, forgot which september issue that was. In any event I would guess we'll see it or at least hear more at the SHOT show.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 6:55:26 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Hate to be the bearer of bad news but that pic is photoshoped and it's taken from another thread.

According to Shotgun News FN Herstal is infact developing a civvied P90, forgot which september issue that was. In any event I would guess we'll see it or at least hear more at the SHOT show.

Please see my reply in the thread you linked to (on page 1), and also posted by "Skammy" on page 1 of this thread. Because of the very Shotgun News article you refer to, I asked FN Herstal engineers specifically on 14 September if they were working on a US civilian-legal version of the P90, and the answer was and is still: NOT AT THIS TIME (it is also not being worked on by engineers here at FNMI, should the question come up).

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.

Clint Lynch
Senior Product Designer
FN Manufacturing, Inc.
[email protected]
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 5:10:55 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Please see my reply in the thread you linked to (on page 1), and also posted by "Skammy" on page 1 of this thread. Because of the very Shotgun News article you refer to, I asked FN Herstal engineers specifically on 14 September if they were working on a US civilian-legal version of the P90, and the answer was and is still: NOT AT THIS TIME (it is also not being worked on by engineers here at FNMI, should the question come up).

Clint Lynch
Senior Product Designer
FN Manufacturing, Inc.
[email protected]

Ummm!  seems as if the issue is settled then!
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 5:37:26 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Clint Lynch
Senior Product Designer
FN Manufacturing, Inc.
[email protected]

Is there any of the tactical hi speed stuff being looked at for the civie market?  I just figured someone would ask some variation of that question or post another rumor.  Oh lastly, can I quit my job and come work for you?  
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 5:43:38 PM EDT
[#32]
What about this:

David Fortier, in his recent article on FN in the SGN, categorically states that there is to be a semi-auto P90 and in general FN is committed to US civilian sales. He write this while on a visit to the FN plant in Herstal, so I tend to believe it.

Found here: www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?s=ad0d888a764e66ba797d54e39d47c222&threadid=100182&highlight=p90

It seems unlikely to me that FN will make a civilian P-90, because FN hasn't really payed much attention to the civilian market in the past. I wonder how the above could be explained.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 5:46:56 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
What about this:

David Fortier, in his recent article on FN in the SGN, categorically states that there is to be a semi-auto P90 and in general FN is committed to US civilian sales. He write this while on a visit to the FN plant in Herstal, so I tend to believe it.

Sir,

Perhaps you aren't tracking me... Either the article is wrong, or something was written/taken out of context. Beleive it or not, gun magazines don't always provide correct information. Please see my above post or the one referenced (page 1, etc).

Again, should you have any other questions, please feel free to contact me.

Respectfully,
Clint Lynch
FN Manufacturing, Inc.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 5:56:30 AM EDT
[#34]
Well the antis don't have to worry. The 5.7 round will barely leave a mark.

Hey, if you don't stop shooting me with that I'm going to kick your ass.

Where's the fat kid being shot with the paintball gun?
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 8:02:35 AM EDT
[#35]
I can't wait to get one. Every squirrel in a 2 mile radius will be in danger.

What else it would be good for I have no idea. Certainly not self defense. Just buy a Ruger 10/22 magnum & put it in a bullpup stock. Same thing.

By the way the .30 carbine won't fit. The 5.7 has the same head diameter as the .25ACP. (I know because I measured some empty cases).
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 11:02:38 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Well the antis don't have to worry. The 5.7 round will barely leave a mark.

Have you been shot with one? Would you volunteer to be?

I didn't think so.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 11:25:05 AM EDT
[#37]
THANKS FOR THE STROKE JOB!
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 8:34:00 PM EDT
[#38]
As one who has actually used the P90 for tactical operations I can say that it is a devastating round despite its small size.  From our initial training, I recall the fact that no one has survived being shot by the P90.  

Link Posted: 9/29/2004 4:34:37 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
As one who has actually used the P90 for tactical operations I can say that it is a devastating round despite its small size.  From our initial training, I recall the fact that no one has survived being shot by the P90.  

from what I understand, the 5.7 is made to tumble once it hits a target much like a 5.45 x 39.  So I would agree that this would be particularly devistating to anything soft.  More than likely if you hit a squirrel with it, you'd make soup out of it.

Oh and I have the SGN issue that the other guy was referring to.  He did not say that the civvie P90 WILL be made he merely insinuated, in other words, he most likely took a little creative license to cause a stir.  His words were "there is even talk about a civilian carbine based on the P90"  or something to that effect.  For all we know one of the guys could have said "it would be cool if there was a civilian based P90 huh?"......There you see?  theres your  talk about a civie P90.  
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 7:37:22 AM EDT
[#40]
Any civilian version would have to have the barrel and receiver made in the US. Doubt FN would go to that bother for 200 guns. This all falls back to the Clinton import ban, which banned the import of guns that accepted high cap military magazines. Same one that affected the thumbhole AKs, FALs, HKs, etc.

An assault weapon receiver and barrels are only importable if they are to be used for repair or replacment.  A company cannot import a receiver or barrel and then use it to build an assault weapon. US parts or no US parts, it doesnt matter. True, this import restriction only affects the original importer, but doubt FN would touch this with a 10ft pole.

Only option for a Belgian made gun would be a gun that only accepts a 10rd mag.... These could be modified Stateside to full assault configuration.

Assault weapons that are imported for LEO use are a grey area. My thought is that they are not legal for civilian sale, regardless of the US parts since the weapon receiver was imported after this Clinton ban.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 11:25:02 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Could you elaborate on both of those statements? This subject is very controversial and any info from people like you who have used it would be very valuable. You might want to post it in P99guy's topic, because that would be more on topic. Page 12/12 is here: www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=5&f=4&t=10865&page=12
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 2:03:00 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Thanks for the advise, tough guy!!!!!! I saw the thread too, good for you.

That is not his work, but even if it is I don't see why are you so aggressive about it. I guess I'll post the evidence to play your game (dukenukem=videogame... no pun intended LOL)

And you, Sir, can kiss the fattest part of my ass.

If you saw the thread, then maybe you'd come to your senses.

I'm aggressive about it because I don't like to see somebody else taking credit for somebody else's work ( or even just making a false story about it ), and I don't like when that information is used incorrectly. I especially hate it when people like you troll around here.

Take your BS elsewhere. Maybe some Airsoft forum might believe what you say.

Link Posted: 9/29/2004 2:09:36 PM EDT
[#43]
Graphic video of shooting with P90.

ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=16&t=203785
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top